Ahhhh Protein Shake

jasmin G.
on 4/25/11 6:45 am - colonial heights, VA
I am currently on my 2 week pre-op liquid diet and I'm having problems drinking my protein shakes they are so nasty.  I brought it from GNC 100%  whey vanilla.   Does anyone have idea of how I can improve the taste of it?  Please

nomoresugar
on 4/25/11 6:50 am
You can often return these to GNC and try another brand or flavor.  However, if you decide to keep it, try adding decaf coffee or cocoa powder, then you may need a bet of sweetener.

If you like it sweet, there are dozens of SF flavored syrups to try.
Waysta
on 4/25/11 6:53 am, edited 4/25/11 6:54 am - TX
I hated the whey vanilla, too, until I bought sugar free nestle's quik and added to the mix....I use a serving of quik, 8 oz. 2% mil**** and the protein and blend into a shake......I actually enjoy the taste now.....I have also tried using fruit, but, didn't like it as well. Good Luck !!!!
cristie2000
on 4/25/11 8:03 am
 I use the same protein shake.  I make a couple of different shakes with it.  You can make a pumpkin shake:  1/4 c. pumpkin, pumpkin spice, one scoop of protein powder, and 1/2 c. milk.  I also do a mocha:  1/2 c. chocolate soy milk, 1/2 c. cold coffee, and 1 scoop of protein powder.  You can make a peanut butter coup one too.  It is 1 scoop of powder, 1 spoonful of peanut butter ( I use powdered peanut butter),  1 cup of chocolate skim milk (made with sugar free chocolate syrup).  I put them all over ice.  I like all of these shakes using this protein powder.  All the "extras" make it taste so much better!
 “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.? ~Theodore Roosevelt

wcumom1
on 4/25/11 8:40 am
i dont like any of the vanillas, i just stick to chocolate.  Preop i did atkins protein shakes, pure protein, oh yeah and eas carb control, these are all ready to drink.  For powdered ones, i still still stick to chocolate, GNC will take it back if it grosses you out and trade for something else, amplified whey is good, it's in a bag it is about $15-$16.  I use splenda in all my powdered proteins to add some sweetness.

M M
on 4/25/11 9:11 am
 Get blender.

Dump in protein.

Add 4 ounces soy/skim

Ice

Sugar free syrup - mint, orange, or your choice of flavor

OR

Unsweetened cocoa powder  or Peanut Powder

Splenda

Blend.
jasmin G.
on 4/25/11 9:52 am - colonial heights, VA
Thank you everyone for that helpful information.
Most Active