Rough couple of months but now 1 pound from goal!!!

theonemonique
on 5/3/11 1:49 am
Well it has been a rough couple of months.  Had to have my gallbladder out March 14 then had to have a total hyst. with bladder sling on April 15.   Has been really hard.  Very tired.  Had a post op infection with the hyst and still on antibiotics.  Was having a hard time getting in protein so had to start drinking protein shakes again.  But on the upside I only have one pound to go to goal!

The big thing is that people don't understand how hard it is to recover from 2 surgeries only 17 months out from gastric bypass surgery!!!  Most of them think I should be back to normal by now!!

I go back to work next week and really am looking forward to getting  back into the swing of things even though I still get very tired.

Funny thing.  I told the surgeon who did the hyst that this was worse than my gastric bypass(RNY) and he said " Well I took out organs and that is really just a dietary thing!"   Hmmmm I found that to be rather funny and I plan on telling my RNY surgeon what he said..they are friends!

Hope everyone is doing well on their wt loss surgery journey.  It is still the best thing I ever did for myself!!!

Cyndi
  waiting for wt loss to add up!  The one Monique!    
Kathleen W.
on 5/3/11 4:41 am - Lancaster, PA
I'm sorry that you've a rough time.  People don't understand that what  toll the surgeries take on our body,  especially a hyst. The hormones levels alone will knock you for a loop.  I can sympathize. I had my rny 20 months ago and have had  5 more surgeries since then.
Good luck with going back to work.. Don't forget to take care of yourself first.  If you don't, nobody else will.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

theonemonique
on 5/3/11 7:06 am
Wow foxymama you have had 5 surgeries since your WLS.  Hopefully all went well for you and that puts my two little surgeries more in perspective.  Thank you for the support.  Hopefully these will be the last of the unplanned surgeries I have. 

I have had to postpone my plastics due to these.  So I am looking forward to next year for those.
  waiting for wt loss to add up!  The one Monique!    
nomoresugar
on 5/3/11 8:55 am
I think each surgery before you have a chance to fully recover, hits harder than normal.  I fainted and broke the smaller bone in both lower legs and my right foot about 30 days out.  Another surgery was not what I needed.  But, we do get better.  Congratulations on the successes you have had.
Jillville
on 5/3/11 9:44 am - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
Wow, Cyndi - sounds like you've really been through the wringer mentally, physically, AND emotionally!!Congratulations on being 1 pound from goal!  Stay strong while being gentle with yourself.  I admire your perserverance!!
Most Active