WATCH THIS!! Surgery Consult at Barix - YouTube, Dr. Steven Poplawski

*Hope *
on 5/8/11 3:45 pm - MI
For all folks considering Weight Loss Surgery, please view the following....it is ONE of SEVEN posts to YouTube, by my surgeon, Dr. Poplawski.  Detailed descriptions of Gastric Bypass (RNY), Lapband, and Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) are detailed in this video footage.  Dr. Poplawski describes the procedures in detail, providing information that allows you to make an informed decision and an appointment for a consult with a surgeon, should you agree that this procedure is the answer to improving your health.  

Barix is a facility for Bariatric and Reconstructive Surgery for bariatric patients.  My experience there has been amazing.  Please take a few minutes to view this and feel free to also pass the link on to those who you know also could benefit from this information.  Here is the link to the FIRST of SEVEN segments.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31GqWO_N-t0&feature=related

You can also opt to go to YouTube and search Dr. Steven Poplawski - Bariatric surgery.

To contact me for any questions, please write me...my ObesityHelp profile name is HOPE104.

Thanks!
HOPE
M M
on 5/8/11 10:35 pm
Are you in marketing?
*Hope *
on 5/8/11 11:24 pm - MI
No, I am not in marketing.  I am a classroom teacher.   I posted this because I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Poplawski (and Barix - was treated so kindly) and am thrilled that there is a new vehicle available for folks to learn about their options.  This surgery changed my life and outlook on the future.  I am very comfortable talking about it and remember when I was discreet about considering surgery.  There are many others who feel like I do and with the YouTube option, there is a way to learn about options before going 'public' at a consultation in person.  The chatroom doesn't get that many new folks anymore.  I thought this forum may be a way to offer knowledge about the procedures.  Are you considering surgery?
Bootssie
on 5/9/11 5:05 am - CA
RNY on 12/17/10 with
LOL.  Beth, are you considering surgery?

Sarah_Anne
on 5/9/11 2:41 am
I am not that impressed.  He is not offering all 4 types of surgery.  Don't you think people have the right to make an informed decision?  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
*Hope *
on 5/9/11 3:12 am - MI
That is your opinion and I can accept that.  I am only speaking from my own experience.  Which surgery do you believe he is not offering?  Have you contacted Barix to be sure?

I agree with you that people DO have the right to make their own informed decision and OUGHT to be doing that.  This is THEIR life and decision, afterall, right?  As stated in my first email, I decided to forward this because some people are discreet when they first think about having surgery.....intimidated, apprehensive, or whatever their reason.  

I had a wonderful experience...actually 2...one attempt and one successful surgery...with this same surgeon and am happy to help by sharing this information if it could potentially help someone else.

Have a great day!
HOPE
Sarah_Anne
on 5/9/11 3:18 am
He does not offer the duodenal swtich, which is the most effective surgery out there.  There are tons of studies that back up what I am saying.  I just hope that somehow someone out there isn't short changed by thinking that these are the only options.  They are not.  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
*Hope *
on 5/9/11 4:11 am - MI
Again, that is your opinion, and I can accept that.

I surely hope that some individual doesn't lay their livelihood on these YouTube clips alone.  While they are a wonderful resource, they are only ONE part of the MANY steps to researching that each individual should be doing for themselves. 

I simply wanted to share what I think is a good resource.   Perhaps you can find some benefit that it offers and share it with someone who is a 'newbie' looking for the 'big picture' from ONE resource... or not. 
Diminishing Dawn
on 5/9/11 10:50 am - Windsor, Canada
Love Dr. Poplawski. He's awesome - highly skilled and wonderful man.

Barix...eh.... could have done better.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Marianne H.
on 6/16/11 10:21 am - Alanson, MI
Revision on 03/31/15
Having my RNY with Dr. Pop this Summer! I think he's great!
Most Active