Anyone have migraines so bad they pass out ?

HolliM
on 5/15/11 7:16 am - Red Bush, KY
I know Andera has migraines alot I talk with her about things....
Other people I would like your responses .

Highest Weight 335                      When I came home 330.2
Surgery Weight 321.4                   Current 170
www.myspace.com/hma82

KathyA999
on 5/15/11 7:40 am
I read a WLS blog where the blogger discovered that her migraines were caused by a spinal/brain tissue problem, Chiari Malformation?

http://imsupersuper.blogspot.com/2011/04/migraines-and-my-recent-diagnosis.html

She didn't say she was passing out, but might be worth a visit to a neurologist?

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

HolliM
on 5/15/11 7:51 am - Red Bush, KY
I see a neurologist. I had a MRI but I haven't got the results yet. I get them Tuesday.
Thanks for that link. I read that. I had a migraine like headache for over a week loke she had posted about. And I have been to ER's and dr's offices for the pain. throwing up. I have to be in a very dark cool room usually with a cold damp wash cloth on my face and neck.

www.myspace.com/hma82

walterswife
on 5/15/11 10:20 am
The short answer to your question is yes.  A few years back my neuro told me that it is a sympton of a situational migraine.  You may want to do some research on that topic.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

HolliM
on 5/15/11 10:27 am - Red Bush, KY
Question for you ? Did you get treatments ? I will look this up !

www.myspace.com/hma82

walterswife
on 5/15/11 1:14 pm
  My dr. prescribed Axert 12.5 mg prn

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 5/15/11 12:14 pm - Belleville, IL
Yes, I have had migraines that severe...My son has them. my Mom has them, her father had them....It is a familial thing.

My miraines started when I was like maybe 4-5 years old, and some lasted days. My sons started around 5-6 years old. (etc).

The only thing we can do is TRY treatment when we first feel them coming on...(Massive amounts of Fioricet or imitrex and tons of sleeping in a dark room, or a warm bath, etc)... If worse comes to worse we have to go to the hospital and get shot up with Nubain (a heavy duty narcotic) so we can sleep for several days (not that it helps the pain much..Just knocks us out so we can sleep and pray it goes away)...

Yes we get the nausea, the "auras" around the lights, altered taste/smell, extreme pain, vomiting, having to be in a totaly dark area and have it either VERY hot or VERY cold...

Just something we have lived with for years and years, and generations and generations. Whaddya gonna do? Not everything (sadly) has a "cure"...Sometimes you just are stuck with what life gives you and deal with it.

Good luck...I know it sucks to have them (migraines)
Warmly,
Jackie

HolliM
on 5/15/11 6:20 pm - Red Bush, KY
Sadly I can not take Nubain it makes my migraine worse ! I figured this out after many doeses of it at different hospital visits.

www.myspace.com/hma82

abejita
on 5/15/11 2:02 pm - dallas, TX
Went through that wonderful phase...Had migraines for 30 days straight, crawiling on the floor to the bathroom...fun times. Tried many many preventatives until I found one that worked...zonegran I took that for three years and it reduced my migraines to a couple a month and zomig took care of those. I have actually been off the zonegran for several years now, with little to no migraines.

Definitely find yourself a good neurologist who specializes in headaches.

mary

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
Binda
on 5/16/11 2:34 pm - CA
I have migraines. I can't take narcotics so I take Frova and/or Maxalt. I have been on Topomax for a preventative in the past.

They didn't make me pass out but I have walked around holding my head and curled up in the fetal position. I'm in recovery so I can't take narcotics as easily as other people...

If the Frova/Maxalt doesn't work then I'm getting botox injections...wherever they put them in your face or neck? The longest run was 15 days straight and it was before surgery. They have gone way down since surgery...

Hope yours feel better. Migraines sucketh

I have wasted enough of my life worrying about what people think of me.

Most Active