For those of you who have lost weight and kept it off...

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 4:19 pm - CA
if I'd been wearing tennis footwear all day.  Well, this Friday evening I had a four-hour pinning observance, and on Saturday, a three-hour graduation.
Elizabeth N.
on 5/25/11 9:54 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Yes, mine quit hurting. But it depends on why your feet hurt. Have you been evaluated to figure out what's actually wrong with your feet?

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 10:02 pm
It depends what exactly is causing the pain. I used to have chronic swelling in my ankles and could barely walk. Now with the weight off, I have no pain or swelling.
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 10:50 pm - San Jose, CA
My feet hurting while sightseeing in London on a business trip was the last straw for me that sealed my decision to have WLS. I was staying in a hotel a couple of blocks from the British Museum and could not bear to walk there or around the museum and left without seeing it. I was devastated and horrified that my weight was preventing me from doing something as simple as that.

Later that year, 3 months after my DS, on another trip, I walked ALL OVER the museum, pain free.

But I'd like to say something else to you. PLEASE change your screen name. It is depressing and sad to even THINK that someone is thinking of themselves like that. You are lovable and deserving of love at ANY weight. A more positive approach to yourself would surely benefit you in this journey.
Judi J.
on 5/25/11 11:35 pm - MN
I had heel spurs bad pre-op. Wore inserts and everything. Now I walk, run a lot, no inserts, no pain. yay
mkbeany
on 5/26/11 12:39 am
I used to live with constant foot pain.
If I had to walk much, they would actually feel bruised.
Just total misery.
Coupled with extreme edema. Ugh.

Anyway...all gone now.

I wear cute shoes.
I walk.
I jog.

No pain in my feet. Ever.

(Back pain resolved too!!)
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Laura S.
on 5/26/11 4:28 am
My feet don't ache at all anymore : )

They used to throb at the end of the day.

MacMadame
on 5/26/11 8:07 am - Northern, CA
I have plantar fasciitis and it hasn't completely gone away with the weight loss but it's a lot better.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Mary Catherine
on 5/27/11 1:47 am
 You might just be amazed at what happens when you rub on a glucosomine cream. Pick one up at Walgreen's or order online.  MSM is also great at reducing painful feet and joints.  I dance for two to four hours almost everyday and use it on my feet and knees.  Relieves pain almost instantly.  
Most Active