For those of you who have lost weight and kept it off...

UnlovableLump
on 5/25/11 1:58 pm

...Will my feet ever stop throbbing? My legs/knees and feet are always sore, and I reckon it has to do with the extra weight. Will my body actually recover? Pain-free feet is probably one of most appealing things about weightloss to me right now, lol.

MyLady Heidi
on 5/25/11 2:03 pm
For me that part went away, my feet used to be in constant pain when I was MO, I couldn't even wear heels, now I never take them off and my feet do hurt occasionally but you wear 5 inch platform heels and tell me how your feet feel.  My arthritis didn't get as much better as I was hoping for, my hip is ****** but I had severe pain in my arms, to the point I thought I needed rotator cuff surgery and that pain went away also.  There is hope! 

Good Luck
UnlovableLump
on 5/25/11 2:09 pm
Ahh, excellent. Something to look forward to.

Thank you, best wishes to you as well.
Island Girl
on 5/25/11 11:29 pm - VI
MyLady Heidi
on 5/26/11 12:18 am
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I live in my ******g body and I think I know what makes it hurt and doesn't, if could go barefoot all day and my hip kill me or wear sky high stillettos and it not.  My arthritis doesn't give **** about my shoes my hip hurts when it hurts no matter what I do or don't do.  The weather is a bigger factor then anything else.  Have any ideas how I can control that.  Now go **** yourself with your stupid comments.
Island Girl
on 5/26/11 3:21 am - VI
rbb825
on 5/26/11 4:02 pm - Suffern, NY
Wow, you are lucky. I wish my shoulder pain would have gone away.  I was told that since it isnt' a weight bearing joint that it wouldnt' be affected by my weight loss and it is true.  If anything, my shoulders are worse.  I have torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders and the past 2 months, they have been unbearable.  I am in almost constant pain. I think it might be because I had some major complications causing me to need 4 surgeries this fall and winter.  I was putting all my weight on my arms to lift myself out of bed.  I guess this put alot of pressure on my already bad shoulders.  This is the only thing that I can think of that would have made them worse.  My knees are better.  My lower back is better and my upper back is worse because I can't stand up straight, so I am putting pressure on my upper spine.

MsBatt
on 5/25/11 2:11 pm
I'd say it depends on WHY your feet hurt. I was dx'd with extensive arthritis at the tender age of 20, and by the time I had my DS at age 45 I'd done a LOT of damage to all my weight-bearing joints. I'd sprained things, broken things, worn things out.

I do hurt still, and I still take NSAIDs at least once EVERY day, and 2-3 times some days. I'd say I hurt about as much now as I did pre-op---but the big difference is in how much more MOBILE I am for the same level of pain.

Someone asked the other day how long after surgery would she be pain-free. I imagine she meant from the trauma of surgery, but my immediate thought was that I'm 7.5 years post-op and I'm still waiting to be pain-free. (*grin*)
MyLady Heidi
on 5/25/11 2:15 pm
Yeah I hear that MsBatt, I have a few good days here and there my hip doesn't hurt and if feels like I hit the lottery, between my neck and my hip some days I feel like a broken down old lady, but one *****fuses to take off her stilletto's.  lol
Rianne D.
on 5/26/11 3:41 pm - MO
Lady, you are looking GORGEOUS lately!!! :) I haven't talked to you in AGES...but it's good to see ya
Myspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Layouts

"I come this way only once, so let me do all the good I can, for I
will never come this way again."
scales.gif image by strawberryswirlnet
Most Active