Feeling off

radujoki
on 6/1/11 11:44 pm
I am just 6 months out of surgery and for the most part I feel pretty good. However there are days when I just feel absolutely aweful and am not sure why! I just don't quiet feel right for the day,I stand and get light headed, drained, tired, like something is just off. Sometimes it is like I cant concentrate right either. This usually happens when I am out and about and am wondering if it could be the heat or if perhaps I am lacking in a vitamin or mineral....very strange. Has anyone else had these issues too or am I the only weirdo out there?
Just Me         
Vivian Prouty
on 6/1/11 11:49 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 I would suggest you calling your WL surgeon and having labs done.   Sounds like you are low on one of your vitamins.    You could also be dehydrating if you aren't drinking at least 64 oz. of fluids a day.   In fact during the summer I would suggest drinking more if you are out and about in the heat.    Hope you get to feeling normal again really soon and please don't wait to get things checked out.

Hugs and blessings ~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Kathleen W.
on 6/2/11 12:20 am - Lancaster, PA
As the other poster mentioned, go to your doctor.  It could be all the things she mentioned. Another possibility is something called hypoglycemic.  It has to deal with the sugar in your blood (kind of like diabetes) Or blood pressure. Good Luck.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Mary Catherine
on 6/2/11 1:06 am
 When you were heavier your heart worked harder to pump blood from your feet upward.  With less weight comes lower blood pressure. Now when you stand up it takes a bit longer for the blood to pump from the amount needed for a sitting position to the amount needed for a standing position.  All you have to do is pump your legs a few times before standing up and that will get the blood flowing.  If that doesn't solve the problem, call the doctor, but that has worked for everyone I know.
radujoki
on 6/5/11 12:29 am
Thank you all for your wonderful advice! It all makes such good sense and will follow through with it.

Thank you again, have a great day!
Just Me         
Most Active