X-Post...Wondering if anyone is interested???

dflprdfan
on 6/14/11 6:58 am
I have written a planer/organizer for weight loss surgery and am working on getting it published. I may have to publish myself, but wondered how many peple would be interested in such a book. I looked for one when I was going through the planning stages and it didn't exist so thought I should journal my story as inspiration and write one!

The book includes snippets of  my story and workbook pages for the reader's own journey. I also plan to include a BMI wheel to calculate your BMI, business card holders for all those appointments, and pocket folders so you can add all the information you gather along the way...what do you all think? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

-Lisa

HW 297 / SW 257 / CW 210 / GW 160  

Mary Catherine
on 6/14/11 7:26 am
 Print a few samples with your home printer and then see if you can interest weight loss surgery centers in providing them to their patients.
LRW
on 6/14/11 1:21 pm - Newark, DE
I think its an awesome idea. I def would of appreciated an organizer. I know I had a planner with papers all over the place I would of loved a great way to have it a lot neater. It may be cool to add little stickers that you can place on your calender...ex weight, appt, approval, follow-u*****tes. Good luck and please keep me posted on your progress.

Le'Cinda
kelly_hope
on 6/14/11 5:20 pm - Marysville, WA
I think it's a great idea, though probably a small-ish market. You could approach support groups, the forums, your surgeon, other surgeons.

Also, as someone who's self published, I suggest Lulu.com. It's a very simple, inexpensive route to publish a book. All the different types of book formats, covers, all you need. And it's free to get it all set up.

You pay for only the copies you want. You could pay for them yourself and have others reimburse you or (like I've done), take orders and collect money and then order so the financial burden isn't all on you.

Good luck! What a fun and helpful idea.
 KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

martitalinda
on 6/14/11 11:03 pm, edited 6/14/11 11:04 pm
 AWESOME... AWESOME... AWESOME.... I think it is an excellent idea and it is such a plus too...  the idea of the pocket folders is great and you can also customize your planner pages AND get real creative and make your own planner covers too ... really customized and pretty which I bet you already did or have in mind what you want... 

I love to work in fabric but there is a sista on here who also does and she loves to organize and make all manner or organizer bags ...  this is a link to a bag that she made for me to organize my multiple paint brushes that I have from all over the world ... I have a special set that was given to me by my mom ... however I used the bag to store a myriad of custom embroidered handkerchiefs collected over the years that mom made us each embroidered kerchiefs for church and for school ... I have saved them all ... and my beautiful bag was the best place for them ... check this bag out that was made by my OH friend http://media.photobucket.com/video/finibag/martitalinda/fun%20stuff/mybeautifulfinibag.mp4?o=1&myalbum=1

Now when I read your thread I thought what awesome idea and I thought about that organizer bag that the OH sista made as a beautiful gift to me and I pictured your planner in a nice fabric cover there are simple instructions on e-how and you can get really creative and come up with your own check this link out for easy instructions on making a planner/organizer bag... http://www.ehow.com/way_5206333_diy_-planner-cover.html

Congrats on the awesome idea ... run with it!!!  

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active