Weight gain 9 months out!!

kmama101
on 6/16/11 2:04 pm
     I have gained about 10 pounds int he last month. I am freaking out. My bariatric doctor said not to worry about it but I am worried. I still eat the same and only 4 ounces at a time. A typical day of eating for me is Breakfast- 40 gram shake, snack carbmaster yogurt, lunch turkey and low fat cheese roll-up with a veggie, snack beef jerky or cheesestick anda few almonds, Dinner is always 3 ounces of protein with 1 ounce veggie.  Sometimes I will have a little bit of fruit or a couple peices of sugar free candy maybe once every week. I always make sure I have 100 grams of protein a day and drink at least 64 ounces of water. My primary doctor did say my thyroid was very low again and upped my armour thyriod. I have also been experiencing swelling in my hands and feet every night.

Katie

curiouscat7
on 6/16/11 10:06 pm
Absolutely you should be concerned.....don't know why he isn't ? !

How about excersise? I would definetely nip in the butt right away..... it really isn't a good sign this early out

CC
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 10:36 pm, edited 6/16/11 10:36 pm
 I think Ur body's telling U something ....  stop the starvation rations and get moving ....  rarely do people  KEEP significant  weight  off without  exercise ... U need to build muscle  to burn calories  even at rest  for the remainder of Ur  life ... 
AllieInOntario
on 6/16/11 11:10 pm
Extremity swelling tends to point towards not enough protein in your diet.  Try to add another shake and more water.  The upping in Armour should help too.
Molly S.
on 6/17/11 1:58 am - Chicago, IL
I have never heard of swelling meaning you don't have enough protein.  If you are eating 100 grams of protein a day you are getting enough protein for sure.  You may want to reduce to 80 if you are gaining weight. 

Check your sodium and make sure you are not eating over 2300 grams of sodium per day. 

or you can start exercising if you are not already.  Walking something.  The movement will help you will maintaining your weight loss for sure. 

Congrats on weight loss and keep up the good work!

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

MsBatt
on 6/17/11 6:15 am
Miss Molly, swelling is a VERY COMMON sign of low protein. Just because she's EATING 100 grams doesn't mean her body is ABSORBING enough for her individual needs.

Just FYI.
kmama101
on 6/17/11 3:27 am
Thank you all for responding. I am getting exercise. I have been using a bowflex about 3-4 times a week and also jogging or using an elliptical a fewtimes a week. I did start a new job about 4 months ago and that is when the weight lose stopped then about a month ago I started gaining. I am currently a cashier at Wal-Mart. I am on my feet a good 8 hours a day. Once again thank you.

Katie

PatXYZ
on 6/17/11 9:41 am
What's your water intake like? The swelling and weight gain could be related to water retention. Aim for at least 64oz water everyday. It could be that you're not getting enough calories and your body is starving - you could try to get another shake in, no harm in bumping your protein a bit too. What kind of shake do you drink? What kind of protein is in it?
Iteach-preK
on 6/18/11 1:54 pm - KY
If the doc thinks it could be thryoid related have them test the T3 and the T4. I have to take 2 meds even 170 pounds lighter to keep the body in sync. I had to try taking two before surgery and it helped alot!!
Most Active