1 month post-op can't keep any thing down any suggestions?

bubbashotrod
on 6/26/11 7:34 am - NY
 I am one month post op of ryn, I have been cleared to eat soft foods, but no matter what I put in my stomach (with the execption of drinks) I throw back up. I have restarted the progression from liquids to soft several times. Any suggestions as to what I can do to help keep things down, my body is so weak from not having good nutrition. HELP !!
MsBatt
on 6/26/11 8:10 am
Call your surgeon. It sounds like you have a stricture---your stoma is closing up. Since you can still keep down liquids, it's still partially open, but it can get so tight even liquids won't go through. Call first thing in the AM!
Dave Chambers
on 6/26/11 10:10 am - Mira Loma, CA
Save yourself a lot of grief, and call your surgeon.  If you can't keep anthing down, it's likely a stricture from scar tissue. Call your surgeon first thing tomorrow. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Elizabeth N.
on 6/26/11 11:10 am - Burlington County, NJ
You have a problem, possibly a BIG one. Get with your surgeon. If your surgeon does not see you immediately, go to the ER. This is not normal.

Most Active