cost effiecive

MsBatt
on 7/7/11 1:25 pm
You are most welcome. Just be certain that the surgeon or surgeons that you consult with actually DO all four forms of WLS. Keep in mind that it's a rare surgeon indeed who will tell you the best surgery for YOU is one that HE doesn't perform. (You wouldn't expect the Ford dealer to 'sell' you on the new Cadillac, would you?)
Jrzyboriqua
on 7/6/11 12:12 am - East Windsor, NJ
HI!

You should find a surgeon in your area and discuss this with him/her.  You never know, they might be willing to work something out with you in regards to affording the surgery.

Hope it all works out for ya!
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/6/11 2:28 pm
 I 100% agree with MsBatt. I chose to self pay instead of having insurance pay for RNY or band, and it wasn't just because the DS is the most successful and the RNY and band had some issues I didn't want to risk - I knew I couldn't afford to fail, financially, and emotionally.

I honestly believe if I got any other surgery, I'd have eventually have to revise to DS anyway, therefore paying for a second surgery (and more complicated as a revision, therefor even more expensive) and putting my body through a second surgery (again, more complicated as a revision, therefor more risk).

ONE surgery was the cheapest for me.

Most Active