I'm back

ian55
on 7/6/11 3:32 pm
Hi everyone
I have been away from the forums for a few months....no reason just distracted
I wanted to update things though, June 4 was 1 year and July 4 was one year after my stricture repair.
SO were am I now? If I look at my scale I missed my goal of being 250 or less at 1 year BUT really that is secondary I am 270 pounds right now and have a waist size smaller than I was in grade 11.  The coolest part is I went for an imersion body fat test and I am sitting at 19%...for a guy who was nearly 400 pounds 20 months ago( now I wish I had done a test before I started) how could I complain. My diabetes is in complete remission and my blood pressure and cholesteral are both low!!!!

I still struggle from day-to day with good choices and getting enough protein, made worse since chicken is very hit and miss for me. I have had a few major stalls and some bad weeks but things go well. Oh and I am now Lactose intolerant.....wtf as if I needed that!  My goal is still to be 250 or less  which, since I am 6'4' and large framed, is reasonable according to my Doc BUT IT IS GOING TO BE SLOW  FROM HERE ON.

Lifestyle is such a change. I really never noticed how much I missed but it is  amazing. I went out today and bought clothes off the rack from a regular store not an ogre and troll store( my  way of saying big and tall) and I had OPTIONS! really i had to choose what I wanted not just take whatever was available and live with it. I coached and played basketball this past winter and started a new high school rugby program in the spring. I bike about 150 km every week in the summer(or more) and about 2 weeks ago I did the 5km walk for ALS and then ran it as well! Yup 20 months of hard work seems to be paying off.
SO to those of you that offered help and encouragement when i was here THANK YOU SO MUCH
amd to those that are just starting out. Good luck and you can do it..it really does get easier as you go
Ian

HW=383  55lost pre-op
SandieMc49
on 7/6/11 9:43 pm
Hi Ian

Wow, your post was a goosebump moment for me.  Keep it up, hon.  All the best to you!

Sandie
dani02
on 7/7/11 11:22 am - Utica, MI
Happy for you!!! The buying stuff at the "regular" store is a great feeling.
As for the lactose intolerance, welcome. I had a hard time hunting down a
good tasting lactose free protien powder. I went with Jay Robb egg white.
You are awesome, glad to see you back on here updating for us.

Dani

Most Active