Anyone know where to buy specialty clothes for saggy skin???

GodisGood
on 7/5/11 11:32 pm - Perth Amboy, NJ
ive come a very long way. from 406 to 134... however with i have SO MUCH skin, im startin to dread summers because of all the clothes i have to wear to just "cover up" my arms are the worst its so hot, how id love to just wear a tank top :(

my thighs, my stomache, horrible... cant even wear shorts... :(

anyone know of any cute/stylish cover up clothing???

It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else's eyes.
Beauty=Confidence. If U Believe it,, They'll Believe it.!  

According To Your Faith Be It Unto You. Matthew 9:29    
myturnnow
on 7/6/11 12:43 am
As far as regular clothes I don't think I can be much help.  BUT I did purchase a swim suit in Macy's.  I got separates and the bottoms were made by Miracle Suit.  It does an AMAZING job of holding everything where it should be.  Love it and don't feel like a whale among minnows at the pool. 

I also have a few tanks with some spandex.  I can't wear them too often as it is too hot.  I just get a size smaller in a cotton tank or cami. 

Good luck! 
GodisGood
on 7/6/11 6:34 am - Perth Amboy, NJ
o0o thankz i will look into that... :)

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/11 1:26 am - Woodbridge, VA
I have definite skin issues, too. I just buy shirts that aren't sleeves and don't have super short or tight short sleeves, and I don't wear shorts. Under my clothes, I wear shaping garments to help smooth out my back, stomach, and sides - my favorites are Flexees by Maidenform (available at Walmart, Target, Kohls, Sears...).

And sometimes, I just don't care! The shirt I'm wearing right now in the office is a purple polo. The sleeves are short enough that my upper arms often hangs out (especially my right arm, which has a bit more sagging skin than my left), but tough **** - I've lost a lot of weight. My body wasn't perfect when it was covered in obscene layers of fat, and it's not perfect now covered in droopy swags of stretched out skin, and if anyone has a problem with that, it is THEIR problem, not mine.
GodisGood
on 7/6/11 6:37 am - Perth Amboy, NJ
yeah same here.... its weird, im ok around my fam, some friend, and complete strangerss but so conscious when im around certain ppl.... but this summer i think im just to hekk with it, its def too hot to be tryin to worry about what other ppl halvel to say... dont like it dont look... :)

and thankz will look into that :)

JENNI-8yrsPostOP
on 7/6/11 1:40 am
Are you a candidate for plastics to remove the excess skin? If so,then you don't want to invest a lot in clothing if you're not going to have the excess skin forever. I found lycry/spandex work out wear - sold at Target, Walmart, etc. holds me in just fine. Bicycle shorts are tight enough to hold in excess but still give a smooth appearance under pants or other clothes. Most stores have a wide variety of sizes so you can mix and match tops and bottoms to fit your needs. Hope this helps -
Jen 9+ yrs post op
missnanajean
on 7/6/11 1:44 am - Friendswood, TX
I don't know if you have ROSS stores where you are but that is my favorite place to get support panties and the walking shorts to cover my saggng thighs and 3/4 sleeve tops.

Miss  Jean   
martitalinda
on 7/6/11 3:11 am
 I loved using the products found at LIPOEXPRESS.COM ... I was able to purchase a few of them for myself and friends at an OH conference too .. the vendors were in Rye, NY and I got them for much less than on line...

I have however used and a lot of my friends use my own home invention that ANYONE in three easy steps ... the feel good and they do compress ... natural...smooth.. you can even wear an halter with your arms out...

I shared it on my group... Share it- Living Pretty the link is in my siggy line.... this is the link to the  homemade compression garment in 3 easy steps ... I swear by it...it works!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/LivingPretty/discussion/442 1850/Just-a-Placemat-so-I-can-send-link-to-another-Sista/#44 21850

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

GodisGood
on 7/6/11 6:42 am - Perth Amboy, NJ
***Jenni- yes i am a candidate, however im not working right now, so im not sure when that will be.. i own some spandex and several 3/4 seeve jackets,which is fine in the winter, but summer, o boy i cant take all that attire... lol

***Jean- No Ross I Wish lol

***Marta- Lookin fly as always i see... Thankz urs the best will check it out... xoxoxo
Sharvanne
on 7/6/11 7:03 pm - Canada
 Underarmour makes running gear that compresses you and helps keep you cool. You could wear a pair of shorts and a short sleeved top under your regular clothes. It would keep you from jiggling too much and keep you cool at the same time.

You can find it on sale fairly frequently at sports stores.
Highest Weight - 372 (May 2010)
Surgery Weight - 332.6 (March 4, 2011)
Current Weight - 212.9
Goal Weight - 175
Most Active