Getting off meds when to expect

veenie73
on 7/11/11 12:18 am - Louisville, KY
I had GERD since I was about 15yrs old and I was on everything. Then finally I was put on Nexium, that worked wonders. Because of insurance issues, I was put on Prevacid. When I got the band in may. The dr. fixed my hietal hernia that I had. I didn't have anymore GERD issues. The only thing that was a problem was a burning sensation in my stomache. Now that has went away, so no more Prevacid. Im still on HBP meds, but I goto the dr once a month to monitor it. I might be coming off one next month. I take a water pill too. Im not ready to come off that yet...
You might need to see your dr. and find out.

GOOD LUCK

Lynn
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 12:56 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Hi.
 I am still on my BP and cholesterol meds. My PCP believes it is because my problems are in my genes and no amount of WLS is going to fix that for me. My BP is really low now, usually 116/63 ish, but every time I discontinue meds it slowly makes its way up to 124/88. So she keeps me on the meds because of my stellar gene pool.
curious3069
on 7/11/11 3:17 am - Newton, IL

I'm in the same boat with the blood pressure meds.    Now, I was off metformin in the hospital, thanks freaking goodness, but still taking all my blood pressure meds-though the dosage of one was cut in half.     So far they keep my pressure in the 112/70 range but like Pumpkin, mine creeps up if I discontinue them.    I'm hoping with more weight loss I might get off of them entirely (or at least cut down to one type, I'm on a ****tail right now and not the fun kind!), but was warned multiple times prior to surgery that weight loss might not "fix" my high blood pressure. 

Most Active