questions, long but please read

djjdd_man
on 7/11/11 2:08 am - Hinsdale, NY
I am wondering if I would qualify for any type of revision. I feel like a huge failure, although my pics show an amaizing difference. I know I did some things wrong the first time and in the last month I have done everything to change these bad habbits that I should have never started in the first place. One thing I did was stopped going to the Dr. I have not been back to my Dr. in 2 years at least. I had my surgery in 2007. Another thing I did was started drinking durring meals again. Another thing I did was started drinking soda again. Another thing I did was got extrememly addicted to ice cappachino's from Tim Horton's. I would go DAILY to get them, sometimes 2-3 times a day. Extrememly expensive but I did this anyway. I would have diareah (spelling?) with extreme pain within 20 minutes after I drank them but I still did this. I am very bad about eating too fast and getting extremely full within a fw bites but then being hungry again within 30 minutes and going and doing the same thng all over. Yes as you can see I have brought this back on myself. I have not been doing allof this at all though in like the last month and I went back to my primary care Dr. because of some very bad pain that I have been having and I have gained weight since I stopped doing all of this. he says it may be water weight. I have been drinking some major water lately which is another thing that I had stopped. OK sorry for being so long but I realy need to figure out how to get back on track. This depresses me extremely bad. Should I see about a revision or should I go back and see what my WLS Dr. says or what. I started out at 275, I got down to 180, I am now at 204. I am thinking I had the mini rny but not sure it may have been the rny. (hmmm, thinking I have answared my own ?, acll WLS Dr.) I am also concerned that the pain I have been having may be caused by something internally. I have extreme pain in my back on the left hand side right about where my kidneys are. It radiates around to the front right under my rib bones. When I eat the pain gets much worse. When I lay down the pain is so bad it put's me in tears. I went to the chyropractor, he says I do need to have some stuff done with my back but he thinks there is something going on internally. He won't put it bac****il I am cleared of nything going on internally. I went back to primary care Dr., she just gave me Loratab and did a urine sample to make sure the UTI that I had was gone. She called and said yes the UTI is gone. Well what is this pain from? Sometimes I feel it as far over as right in the center of my chest right above my RNY scar. I don't know what to do, feel like an extreme failure.
Cheryl Allan
on 7/11/11 2:26 am - Canada
Admiting it is the first step, do you still have your gallbladder it sounds like gallbladder pain to me but im no dr lol, and saying you are off track is a start. get right back on track start with some liquids for a couple of days to see if it helps the pain, begin again like you just had your op , get serious with yourself and kick your ass into gear...Good Luck
Cheryl Allan

HW...355......SW....322...CW 281

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 2:34 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Go back to basics along with therapy to try and get to the reason why you ( we ) continue to return to our old ways. Also you may benefit from support groups.
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/11 3:16 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Some rebound gain is totally normal, but your eating in spite of KNOWING and feeling how sick it makes you tells me that you may have some unresolved personal issues.

I strongly agree with Pumpkin X re: counseling. It can't hurt.

And definitely avoid doing something to deliberately hurt yourself.

Re: the flank pain--I had a kidney stone that acted exactly that way. No fun at all. It's not possible to diagnose another person's medical problems online, so please see a physician.

Best wishes
hollykim
on 7/11/11 3:57 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
you are on the right track admitting the problem.

Now,get right back to basics. using the 5 day pouch test is a great way to get back to basics. WWW.5dpt.com. They will want you to purchase it but look for the link that says "take me to the 5 day pouch test" and it will be free there.

I don't think your surgery is broken and I don't think a revision to any other surgery will solve the problem. You can sabotage and out eat any surgery if you try hard enough. (I would focus on making the surgery I had work for me,if I was you,
GL and keep us posted,
H

LisaGay44
on 7/11/11 5:45 am
this is a great tip thank you
The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman.(Author unknown)

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/11/11 5:00 am, edited 7/11/11 7:22 am - Windsor, Canada
Forget a revision. You've gained 24 lbs which is not uncommon with bounceback weight being that you are over 3 years out. But you need to start dealing with your eating issues though either with therapy or counselling, OA or whatever. When you continue to eat or drink things that make you ill, it is a concern. You can still lose weight --- we will have to get back to basics and put away the crap and make some sacrifices and do some work if we want to lose again.

You did not get a mgb- I am not sure where that idea comes from  you had rn y and it is only a tool. If you are taking in a ton if calories and sugars - it is no wonder why you gained. Just look up the stats on your ice capps - drinking your calories is one of the top ways to gain your weight back. Start by getting those out of your diet, tracking what you eat with fitday.'com or any similar program. Then analyze how many carbs vs protein. You can do this and yes it is possible but it is going to take some work, dedication/focus and reteaching yourself portions and what you should be eating again. Old habits die hard. That is the challenge many years out. I know as I am dealing with it too but I've lost about half of mine again. Good luck to you!

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/11/11 5:08 am - Windsor, Canada
Have you had tests to check for kidney stones and gallstones?

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Susan S.
on 7/11/11 5:15 am - Roselle, NJ
Go to the doctor! Have that pain evalauated. Back to basics etc. and dealing with self-destructive behaviors are all in order but first you have to know what is causing chronic debilitating pain. Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

ruggie
on 7/11/11 6:22 am - Sacramento, CA
You don't need a revision at all. You just need compliance.

1) see your surgeon immediately for pain
2) see your surgeon periodically for checkup
3) change your eating habits now. Do not walk into anothervTim Hotrton. Do the so-called pouch test.
4) work with a therapist to find where your self-destructive eating behavior is coming from.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active