OH MY FREAKIN GOSH!!!!!!!!!!

LiltithNyxArdent
on 7/14/11 8:47 am, edited 7/14/11 9:13 am
My school indurance pays for the surgery. also is the surgery out patcient or not. Or does it just depend on the person.

I would also like to thank everyone who told me to keep tying and not to give up. It's because of you that I got this far. Thanks

pokerchips
on 7/14/11 9:32 am
Congrats on having insurance coverage. Don't count on your surgery being an outpatient procedure :)  Have you decided which WLS is best for you?

Change is a Process Not an Event

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/11 11:20 am - Santa Cruz, CA

None of the surgeries would be out-patient, simply because of the extent of the work that is done.  Whether you get the lap band, the RNY, DS, or VSG, they will all entail general surgery. 

Whichever one your insurance covers depends upon the policy;  just be sure that you prepare by eliminating all white foods from your food intake; begin walking; if you smoke, quit; and start trying various protein powders for your post-op food intake.

Immediately post-op, start walking as soon as they'll unplug you from whatever things they have you hooked up to.  Don't take too much to the hospital with you;  you won't be in much of a mood for doing more than sleeping, walking, and trying to eat the nasty liquid diet they will have you on.  (It tasted like toxic waste to me!!)

Best wishes,  and please keep us posted on your progress.

Good luck!

kathkeb
on 7/15/11 1:10 pm
My Realize Band (and hiatal hernia repair) was out-patient ---- I was there for about 4 hours total -- then home to sleep in my own bed.

No pain meds besides Liquid Extra Strength Tylenol
Kath

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/11 12:57 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Wow. 

"Never say Never"

Good luck with your band.
MsBatt
on 7/14/11 12:00 pm
This is MAJOR surgery---you will be an inpatient, for anywhere from one to four days.

Please research all your options, and choose wisely. And please don't even consider a Band!
LiltithNyxArdent
on 7/14/11 12:26 pm
Ok they wanted to know and I wasn't sure.
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/11 1:07 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Amen, Sister!!
Rosebud_is_a_sled
on 7/14/11 1:26 pm
You got a whole lots of good vibes coming your way, girl!!!!!!!!!!  I am very happy for you!!!!!
I got my sleeve on March 14, 2011.  I love it so far!

subacloud
on 7/14/11 1:36 pm
I have had lots of surgeries and RNY didn't seem that bad to me.  However, the recovery was more difficult than others.  I was in the hospital 3 days and did great.  At home, it was a real roller coaster.  It took me a good month to feel predictably "normal" again.

That said, it is and has been one of the BEST things I have ever done for myself.  If you work in a school, you may want to try to have your surgery during summer break.  Keep being persistant!  It is worth it. 

Subacloud               408/318/208/135   (HW/SW/CW/GW)

Speak and do not keep silent.   

Most Active