Funnels

Pamela F.
on 7/16/11 10:15 am - OR
How can you tell if your stoma is too small? After surgery I did pretty well when I transitioned to solids. I could eat tortillas (which made me a happy panda) couldn't manage untoasted bread (which sometimes makes me a sad panda).. but overall I feel I did ok. Now all of a sudden if I eat a soft tortilla I vomit for 2 days. If I eat any kind of dense beef product I vomit for 2 days. It makes me scurred to do anything but drink shakes and eat soft foods! Grrr. I called my Dr. and got an appt for next month. But just wanted some vet advice or suggestions in general.
For by grace we are saved. Ephesians 2:8

Dave Chambers
on 7/16/11 10:36 am - Mira Loma, CA
Breads can be an issue for many postops.  I don't eat sandwiches at all, but can tolerate toasted bread much easier.  It may be too early to digest beef.  I still have issues with steak meat--too dense. Marinated roast beef or ground beef is much easier to eat.  I used to eat warm tortillas all the time preop. Now post op, I normally opt for a crunchy taco shell instead of the soft tacos I used to prefer. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

chriswilliams
on 7/16/11 1:06 pm - Oskaloosa, IA
I have had this problem for a couple of years now. I have had 4 scopes due to a stricture caused by an ulcer.  Still having problems, sorry that isn't what you wanted to hear I'm sure.  Pretty sure I am looking at having a stint put in for a prolonged stretch of the pouch.
MsBatt
on 7/17/11 5:24 am
Sounds to me like you're developing a stricture. I'd call my doctor and tell him you need to be seen sooner. Most of the time, fixing a stricture is pretty simple---they run an endoscope down your throat and stretch it. (Somethines you have to have this done more than once.)

If left untreated, your stoma can shrink to the point where you can't even keep water down, so don't delay too long!
Most Active