Chinese food and very sick

savedbygrace10
on 7/21/11 10:47 am - Byron, GA
I hope somebody can help. I ate just 2 small pieces of beef from beef with broccoli. I immediately had that sick feeling so stopped eating. I had foamies for about 15 minutes and then threw up quite a bit. This was the first time since surgery that I have actually thrown up. I have had the foamies a few times but it usually passes in less than an hour. This time, I have been sick for over 3 hours. It started feeling like heartburn so I tried to take my afternoon dose of pepcid with a sip of water. No sooner had I put the cap back on the water bottle than I had to go throw up again. This time it was like bile - no food. I don't understand what is going on since this has never happened before. I actually have my 3 month appointment tomorrow. Any ideas?

M M
on 7/21/11 11:23 am
 It was stuck.

Go to bed.

You will feel fine in the AM.

If you DON'T -- take it up with the doc.
qnmimi
on 7/21/11 11:27 am - Cottage Grove, MN
Sound like the beef got stuck somehow. The foamies, and throwing up help your body to unstick it. Papaya enzyme(sold at walmart, etc...) can help too. Once stuck though, the throwing up works best to unstick, unfortunately. If that does not work, you may need to go to a local ER (preferably where you had surgery) for an endoscopy to remove it for you. If you can, try warm tea, or any warm fluids to see if it will pass. Warmth will help your pouch relax some, and soothe some of the irritation. Good luck, hope you feel better soon!

savedbygrace10
on 7/21/11 11:31 am - Byron, GA
Thanks for your responses. I have some topical phenergan and put that on to try to help with the nausea. I think I will go to bed. Praying for relief. Thanks again!

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/11 2:45 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Sounds like you didn't chew quite enough;  sometimes just letting the food come back up is the easiest.

Give yourself a day or so of liquids and soft foods, then maybe try the Broccoli Beef in another month.

I know I had the best results with shrimp, tuna, and scallops at your stage post-op.

Good luck!
sedonagirl67
on 7/21/11 3:02 pm - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 11/16/10 with
Your stomach had a mind of it's own and didn't like what you ate.  At 3 months post op, I still threw up on a regular basis.  The longer you go post op, you can retry foods and see if they work.  I can finally eat peanut butter 8 months post op but got sick every other time previously that I ate.  Beef is hard to eat for a lot of people.

Anyway, that is my two cents worth...Hope you feel better soon.
Laurie  

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."  TH Thompson & John Watson

walter A.
on 7/21/11 11:13 pm - lafayette, NJ
every ones a individual, i was eating anything I wanted at 8 weeks, small amounts and never looked back.  yesterday it was red-lobster,  ate a full meal, but only half of the mail course. with two ice teas love being at goal. 
Most Active