Have you been told this (back issues)

Keldriv
on 7/23/11 12:58 pm - Fair Play, SC
I have been suffering back pains since who knows when. However I had been feeling ok for  some time. When I lost so much weight I started getting upper back pain (vs. lower when I was so heavy). The doc told me it would go away and that it was my bodies way of adjusting. Well the pain had gottin worse and worse. Last night I went to the ER. I was told I strained a muscle in my back. I was told that It was due to the excess skins weight thowing my body off ballance. The over use of the muscle caused it to become irritated and work finnished the job. Now I am in pain on pain killers and having to be mostly immoble to allow for healing. I never would have thought that at 160 lbs I would still be hounted by the weight I was.
                                   Married Mother of 3 Likeing the New Me!!
Highest Weight 384, Pre-surgery weight 313, Current Weight @144, Goal Weight 150, Ideal Weight
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
"Be not anxious for what you shall eat, or what you shall drink ... or what you shall wear ... Isn't life more than food? ... and the body more than clothing?"~ Luke 12:22; 29
Kelly    
Lori P.
on 7/23/11 1:54 pm - Kenosha, WI
You might be able to have that skin taken care of by insurance.  If it is caused such pain, they should allow you to have it removed.   Do you wear any sort of compression garment on your tummy??  That might help if you could give the skin some support.    I hope you feel better soon.

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

Elizabeth N.
on 7/23/11 1:57 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Yeah, this is a lot more common than you might think. The rapid weight loss and the huge shifts in our bodies cause a lot of stress on our frames :-/.

e56700
on 7/23/11 10:39 pm - Rochester, MI
Your whole body is moving and reacting differently. You are using different muscles. I am going through upper back and neck pain right now. I'm going to an orthopedic this week and hopefully I'll get a prescription for pt.
Most Active