Whole Foods Supermarket

aclay
on 7/25/11 2:57 am - MA
OMG.....I was in heaven!!! LOL  They had 7 station set ups w/hot food /cold food/sushi/bbq/seafood/salads/soups/nuts  then also the regular supermarket.  Pretty sad I get happy about finding a grocery store that I can search and look for cool new food products to help me w/wls.  Anyone have anything they love to buy there?

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/11 4:01 am - GA
VSG on 06/08/09 with
 I love everything there but can't afford it.  Here's a fun link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UFc1pr2yUU
martitalinda
on 7/25/11 5:57 am
 I love Whole Foods and Edge of the Woods whole foods supermarkets in my area ... I love love love love getting stuff there ... and I love getting my Arctic Zero Protein Ice Cream there too .... 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

I love Whole Foods too and I love it even more now that I can afford it - the portions of prepped food I buy are SO much smaller and a "meal" chosen from the cold/hot sections will last 3 days for me.  Wonderful to be able to afford and control healthy, already made options. 

I DO think Whole Foods is overpriced ... and the center of their store has just as much sugary carby junk as anyplace.  I'm a sucker for the nice prepared stuff tho!
 Lucy van Pelt 
 Highest 255 Surgery 248 Current 170
Goal: 150

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/25/11 9:48 pm
 I wish I had one anywhere near me: when I've visited places that have them I was in heaven!  

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

If anyone deserves WF it's YOU!  Where's the closest one?  Can you make a monthly trip and freeze/store, etc.
 Lucy van Pelt 
 Highest 255 Surgery 248 Current 170
Goal: 150

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/21/11 11:05 am, edited 8/21/11 11:06 am
Beleive it or not, out where I am WF is actually one of the cheaper places to shop!

I'm not a fan of their prepared foods, most of it is very carby or too peppery/hot for me to eat. Since I have the DS I really need to focus on protein first. However I completely see why someone who is vegetarian or looking for non-meat centric foods would love it. Their sushi is so-so, the one near me doesn't quite cook the rice properly so it's too dry and hurts my stomach when I eat it.

I'm more a fan of their store brand: 360. I love their olive oil, canned beans, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, soup stock, dairy and they carry a lot of great cheeses! I also love that they carry calabro cheese (their ricotta is the best!). So I shop there a lot for cooking staples. Their produce is wonderful and I love that they carry conventional as well as organic, it's nice having a choice.

Another thing I love is the quality of their frozen veggies. I am in love with their frozen whole leaf (not chopped) spinach. Sometimes I spluge on fresh baby spinach because the quality of frozen spinach is usually crap, but the WF brand one was amazing! So now I never need to buy fresh spinach again (unless I'm making a spinach salad).

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Most Active