My 10K Ad came out!

dbyarbro
on 7/27/11 11:44 pm - Cypress, CA
My daughter and I walked a 10K last year in honor of my niece who had passed away the year before at the age of 22.  I had started running 5K's alone, but my daughter had said she would do this walk for Dawnielle with me.  It was an amazing day for the two of us.  In March, some how the marketing director had contacted us, and asked if we would like to be apart of this years ads.  I answered yes of course, I just want to help where I could.  We had a blast at the photo session, and as you can see, they came out great.  Who would have thought 2 years later, I would be able to have these opportunities??  FYI the butterfly necklace I am wearing is in memory for her, she loved butterflies...

Denise~

Read about my journey on UCLA's Bariatric Website:
 http://bariatrics.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=47&ref=11&action=detail

293/255/199/165/142    Highest Wt/Surgery Wt/GOAL #1/Goal #2/Current 
GOAL #2 REACHED-March 3, 2010, Breast Reduction-Sept 9,2011

Laura A.
on 7/28/11 2:11 am - Manteca, CA
I am a stage 4 ovarian cancer survivor......Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to you and your daughter and all the other walkers/runners for the support you give these causes.

My mother did not survive her ovarian cancer and we remember her with a butterfly too.....

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

martitalinda
on 7/28/11 2:29 am
 Thank you sooooooooooo much for posting this ... I have goosebumps .. what a wonderful opportunity for you to do this Denise... and it is so great that you did....

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

snshine62
on 7/28/11 2:51 am
Kudos to you and your daughter that's terrific!!!! And thank you for bring ovarian cancer to the front line. My daughter is a nurse on the the women's oncology floor and she said it is such a shame that people don't realize how many women have ovarian cancer. Hopefully with walks like this it will bring it to more peoples attention and they'll donate to the research.
Proudtobaloser
on 7/28/11 5:38 am - Fayetteville, NC
OK I love this. Any kind of cancer is devestating (I should know I lost both my parents to cancer- dad in 98 and mom in 03). I am a big supporter of any kind of cancer walk/run/crawl (YES there are cancer crawls but few far and in between major events). I have to say thanks for doing this. You are a hero in the eyes of many.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

dbyarbro
on 7/28/11 10:53 pm - Cypress, CA
Thank you all!  The scary thing is that ovarian cancer is so hard to detect.  We did not know my niece had the cancer until she had passed away.  We all have now been tested and will continue to, but me and my daughters goal is to do our best to prevent just one person from losing their life to this disease.  I am so thankful that I have become healthy and able to do these walks/runs....

Denise~
 Read about my journey on UCLA's Bariatric Website:
 http://bariatrics.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=47&ref=11&action=detail

293/255/199/165/142    Highest Wt/Surgery Wt/GOAL #1/Goal #2/Current 
GOAL #2 REACHED-March 3, 2010, Breast Reduction-Sept 9,2011

Most Active