NSV happy dance

breakfast_at_tiffanys
on 8/1/11 12:36 pm, edited 8/2/11 3:27 am - Ann Arbor, MI
I stopped in Macy's tonight to buy something at the MAC cosmetics counter.  Walking in, I saw an adorable Ralph Lauren skirt and sort of sighed to myself, thinking, "Someday."  Well, something made me go over to the rack and see if I might actually find one to fit me.  Wonder of all wondes... The size16 fit! I CAN NOW BUY CLOTHES IN THE REGULAR SIZE DEPARTMENT AT MACY'S!!  I bought the skirt and cardi, of course... but the cheesy part is that I started crying on the way home.  I just never thought I'd be able to buy clothes at Macy's.  When my sister and I would go shopping there, for her, I always just resigned myself to the fact that Lane Bryant was the only store for me.  Not anymore!  Wooooohhooooo, doing a happy dance!!!!  (can you tell I'm a wee bit excited, lol)  What were some of your major NSVs along the way??  Here's a link to the pic in my profile... can't figure out how to attach photos to a post.

www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/photos/753913/post-op-21-wks/fitting-into-regular-clothes-at-Macys/

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 12:49 pm - OH
That outfit is adorable. Congrats!
Paul11011
on 8/1/11 2:41 pm
I'm right there with you on the happy dance over a clothes related NSV.  Sunday I purchased two new polo shirts size....XL.  Sooo excited about being able to wear something with only one X on it and no need for a wrap around under the belly tall.  Nothing cheesy about feeling great, you've put in the hard work and you should embrace the fruits you're not seeing.  Congratulations and great taste in clothes.
VSG 1-10-2011 Dr. Randal Baker.   www.grandhealthpartners.com

breakfast_at_tiffanys
on 8/2/11 3:24 am - Ann Arbor, MI
 Paul, I looked through the photos on your profile. WOW!  What an amazing thing you have accomplished!!!

spedcon
on 8/1/11 11:29 pm
Congratulations!! That is such an awesome feeling! I still find it a thrill when I can fit in regular clothes. I just came home from a cruise and it was the little things that thrilled me...I could wear a regular sized life jacket on an excursion, I asked for an XL shirt on a "Make a Wish walk" and the attendant said "no, you only need a medium or large if you want it loose" that felt great!

I love your new outfit! It will continue being fun to walk in anywhere and pick just about anything you want to wear! Now, it will be like anyone else....wait until the shirt or whatever is too big...lol! It is frustrating but it is a good feeling! Shopping is easier but now it's "normal"...pants too long or I just don't like how it looks. Some of you may have experienced...I have to buy it because it fits!! I am soooo happy to have actual choices now!

Way to go for you! Enjoy this time!! You deserve it!     Connie
breakfast_at_tiffanys
on 8/2/11 3:14 am - Ann Arbor, MI
 What a great moment it must have been when the attendant told you that you needed a M or L shirt!!  :-)  I know excactly what you mean about buying things in the past just because they fit... even if I didn't like them that much.  Now we actually have CHOICES!!  I think I may develop a clothes shopping addiction, lol.

martitalinda
on 8/2/11 3:38 am
 Love it!!!! and to think it gets better and better .... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

breakfast_at_tiffanys
on 8/3/11 12:39 pm - Ann Arbor, MI
 Confession: I have been "stalking" your photos for months now... your success is so inspiring!!

heatherambrosia
on 8/3/11 12:33 pm - GA
Way to gooooo!!!! And great choice! That skirt would have been calling out my name too!!
SW 343, Current below, Goal 160 & to start a family!11978920
breakfast_at_tiffanys
on 8/3/11 12:38 pm - Ann Arbor, MI
Lol, isn't it funny how clothes talk to us now??  

Most Active