Does anyone have any good Quinoa recipies?

Keldriv
on 8/5/11 9:32 am, edited 8/5/11 9:44 am - Fair Play, SC
I just tryed it today. I had it with shrimp, tomatos, bell pepper, purple onion, black beans, and chicken broth. It was quite good. I would love to try it in more ways. Any suggestions.
                                   Married Mother of 3 Likeing the New Me!!
Highest Weight 384, Pre-surgery weight 313, Current Weight @144, Goal Weight 150, Ideal Weight
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
"Be not anxious for what you shall eat, or what you shall drink ... or what you shall wear ... Isn't life more than food? ... and the body more than clothing?"~ Luke 12:22; 29
Kelly    
Dave Chambers
on 8/5/11 11:23 am - Mira Loma, CA
Google your inquiry.  There are likely a wide variety of recipes around.  It's supposedly a good substitute for rice, and high in protein. I have a box here, but have not tried it yet. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Anukis
on 8/5/11 12:32 pm - Edmonton, Canada
Second the idea to google for recipes.  There's so many and you can adjust to your taste.
I love Quinoa.  I cook it in the rice cooker just like I do rice.  Sometimes I spread it out on a baking sheet and roast it slightly to give it a fuller flavour beforehand.  It freezes really well.
A simple meal I have often is Quinoa, tuna, mayo, cucumbers, lemon and seasonings. Oh yum...

petiteposies
on 8/5/11 1:04 pm - FL
I just like it in garden salad.....!
Purp8
on 8/5/11 1:48 pm
We cook it up and put it under a "fiesta chicken" topping.
1lb. Chicken
1 jar salsa
2 chopped tomatos
1/2c. chopped red onion
1/2c. chopped yellow papper
2  chopped garlic cloves
6oz. cubed cream cheese
1 can black beans rinsed

in a pot mix salsa, black beans, red onion, and yellow pepper. Bring to a boil. Add chicken, cover and simmer for 1 hour stiring occasionally. Add cream cheese, let simmer for 10mins. Stir together and serve over Quinoa. 

Super good, I have eattin this several times since surgery and have tolerated well. Good luck and hope you enjoy.
(deactivated member)
on 8/6/11 4:22 am - Bayonne, NJ
It was great at Boma, at Disney World, but they used butter & brown sugar, so it's not exacly diet friendly.

Yield: 20 servings

Ingredients:

½ quar****er
1/3 pound Dried Quinoa
1/3 pound Butter
1/3 pound Brown Sugar

Method:

Heat water, add butter, sugar and dry quinoa. Coo****il quinoa is tender. Serve hot.

jerseyjuji
on 8/7/11 10:40 am
 I was just at Trader Joe's today, and they were handing out samples of a very yummy salad made with quinoa....it was a Tabboulleh Salad: cooked, cooled quinoa, finely diced red onion/tomatoes/cucumbers and lots of chopped parsley. Seasoned with salt, cumin, lemon juice and olive oil...delicious!
Most Active