X-Post...Suggestions needed

BumpiestStar
on 8/6/11 12:36 pm - MD
 I’ve concluded the 6 months required supervised nutritional visits, during that time my NUT was preparing me for life post-op. Some of the things I’ve done to prepare was increase my protein, take vitamins, not eating and drinking at the same time, eat 4-5 small meals a day and a slew of others.  

Of all the changes I have made, I still having the trouble with eating 4-5 smaller meals a day. I’ve gone as far as setting Outlook reminders, mobile reminders; I even purchased a watch so I can set alarms to remind me to eat.  The problem is most of the time I don’t feel hungry so I just ignore the reminders and I never get in the proper amount of meals, so I end up eating big meals to get in my protein.

Anyone have any ideas that might help me with getting in 4-5 meals? I currently feel like a failure, because this task didn’t seem too challenging compared to others.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated  

Ladytazz
on 8/6/11 4:12 pm
It may be easier to do once your stomach is smaller and you are eating smaller amounts.  I eat 4 times a day.  Well, 2 of those are protein drinks like a protein smoothie, but it helps to have a schedule and to stick with it.  If I really am not hungry I may skip the snack but I try not to.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

BumpiestStar
on 8/7/11 9:25 am - MD
 Thanks Ladytazz, I’m hoping it will get easier to follow once I have surgery. I hadn't started drinking protein shakes yet. I didn't want to get to like any shakes in the beginning only to find out that I can't stand them after surgery. I just wanted to have a schedule already in progress beforehand. I’m waiting for insurance approval; hope to hear something this week. 
MyLady Heidi
on 8/6/11 5:10 pm

I never ate 5 meals ever, so not sure why you are doing that.  If you aren't hungry don't eat, its that simple, the less you eat the better off you are, if you are having rny surgery you need to count protein grams and then stop eating if you want to be successful.  At 6 years post op I eat only protein bars or protein rich food, shrimp, beef, chicken.  Less is better in terms of long term success.  When I started eating more and snacking thats when I gained 10+ lbs.

Good Luck

BumpiestStar
on 8/7/11 9:38 am - MD
 Thanks Heidi, I will definitely keep your advice in mind. This was a help.  Thanks
Most Active