What happened to my DS?

sherryatlarge
on 8/18/11 11:59 am - TX
I am 8 weeks out and I can gulp water, eat a whole salad w/meat and nuts without feeling that "stuck" feeling.  Have I broken me DS?   ....or is this normal?

I fell last week on my stomach after being shoved with force. (AHDH)  I was so worried that I busted my surgery or something bad.  It took me 2 days to get in touch with my surgery doctor who did assure me that I should be healed up by now and a fall should not have hurt my surgery.  I do have some mystery pain at stomach level and back pain, not to mention bruised boob.   I think I'm fine now, but still have a twinge of pain now and then.

Anyway, I noticed the day after the fall that I could eat more and drink better, so of course I thought my stomach was open leaving more room for food.  But if that were so, I would be in the hospital by now.

Is it just time for me to tolerate food better or have I stretched out my stomach too soon?

Sher
  I feel like I'm in a dream.        
Still Fawn
on 8/18/11 12:35 pm - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I don't see how falling could stretch your sleeve really, and if you had tore something open it would be major.. Perhaps just a coincidence with your internal swelling abating a bit.. I could drink normally from the first week, and have never felt stuck..

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

Tofu
on 8/18/11 1:20 pm
On August 18, 2011 at 6:59 PM Pacific Time, sherryatlarge wrote:
I am 8 weeks out and I can gulp water, eat a whole salad w/meat and nuts without feeling that "stuck" feeling.  Have I broken me DS?   ....or is this normal?

I fell last week on my stomach after being shoved with force. (AHDH)  I was so worried that I busted my surgery or something bad.  It took me 2 days to get in touch with my surgery doctor who did assure me that I should be healed up by now and a fall should not have hurt my surgery.  I do have some mystery pain at stomach level and back pain, not to mention bruised boob.   I think I'm fine now, but still have a twinge of pain now and then.

Anyway, I noticed the day after the fall that I could eat more and drink better, so of course I thought my stomach was open leaving more room for food.  But if that were so, I would be in the hospital by now.

Is it just time for me to tolerate food better or have I stretched out my stomach too soon?

Sher
I'm not a surgery expert, I'll leave that question to others... but I am worried about your husband shoving you with force.

MARIA F.
on 8/18/11 1:26 pm - Athens, GA

NEVER let a man shove you! I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears, but people can only treat you the way you let them treat you. NEVER tollerate shoving, insults, intimidation. Since he is being physically abusive I assume he is being mentally/verbally abusive as well. There is NO excuse for that. It doesn't get better. GET OUT OR THROW HIM OUT!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

RainyDayWoman
on 8/18/11 1:43 pm - Fridley, MN
Please get help if your husband is hurting you (I'm hoping he shoved you out of the way of a moving vehicle or something, although that seems unlikely.)  I'm sure your DS is fine - the initial big-time restriction is due in large part to swelling.  But you need to be safe.  I am very concerned for you.
sherryatlarge
on 8/18/11 2:30 pm - TX
Thank you everyone for your concern.  This incident has really made me open my eyes.  While he has been verbally abusive for some years now (yes I allowed it with my low self-esteem at 391 pounds) he had never touched me in anger before. 

Yesterday a began counseling by myself.  Husband "said" he would join me in a week or two but he now is insisting *he did not push me* .  So we'll see.  But I am beginning to care about myself and realize I can go on without him if he is to continue being him the way he knows how to be so well.  He drinks.

Sherry
  I feel like I'm in a dream.        
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/18/11 2:44 pm
First, sounds like you're doing great with the DS. Your tummy is healing well if you can eat those things and feels fine afterwards- embrace it and love it!

Second.... Dump the hubs if he doesn't make an effort to save the marriage by cooperating with counseling and get mental help for the abuse which has crossed the line to physical abuse (he must also admit that instead of denying it- if he continues to deny it leave him ASAP).

Give him once chance, and that's it. No bull**** no "maybe", or "I'll do it later". None of that crap. Otherwise he will play you for a fool, beg for more chances, go right back to the same behavior  (which will probably get worse) and when you get fed up he'll just ask for another chance. Wash rinse repeat.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Elizabeth N.
on 8/18/11 2:58 pm - Burlington County, NJ
The hubs has escalated from emotional and verbal abuse to physical abuse. It will only get worse. It NEVER gets better from this point. Have the ******* arrested, press charges and get the hell OUT.

2tired2befat
on 8/18/11 11:59 pm - Spring Hill, TN

100% completely and totally agreed!!! :) 

southernlady5464
on 8/18/11 7:29 pm
Sherry, while you are in counseling, also get yourself to an Al-Anon meeting. PLEASE

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Most Active