SEVERE CHEST PAIN

traceymetzger
on 8/23/11 3:11 am - MO
I had the sleeve on May 2nd 2011, I immediatly have severe chest pain when eat or drinking anything, it started with my clear liquids after the surgery, weeks went by and it didnt stop. I was told that I had strictures and they put stinits in me that wouldnt stay put so the gave me a revision surgery on Aug. 2nd 2011, that was supposed to fix me. I am having the pain only now it is worse, it is EVERYTIME I eat. The Dr's have no idea what it is and have no suggestions. In the mean time I am afraid to eat because of the pain, I may be getting in 100 calories a day, my body feels like its about to shut down. HELP
kathkeb
on 8/23/11 3:23 am
Call your surgeon ---- or get yourself to an ER --- you should not be in severe pain and you need to stay hydrated --- de-hydration makes everything worse.
Kath

traceymetzger
on 8/23/11 3:51 am - MO
It has been like this since may 2nd, no relief and my surgeon has no idea wha it is and has no suggestions. Your the second person that said go to the ER. I suppose I will.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/23/11 5:16 am - Burlington County, NJ
It hasn't changed?!?!?! Your surgeon hasn't sent you to another, BETTER surgeon?!?!?!?

*screams of frustration*

Okay.

1. GO TO THE ER RIGHT NOW AND DON'T LEAVE UNTIL YOU ARE ADEQUATELY HYDRATED, EVALUATED FOR NUTRITION AND HAVE PAIN MANAGEMENT.

2. You are likely to need IV nutrition. This is called TPN and you can do it at home. PUSH for this. PUSH HARD. Your life is on the line.

3. You need a far better surgeon than the one who's now clueless and has no suggestions. Please get one and get there quickly.

Elizabeth N.
on 8/23/11 5:14 am - Burlington County, NJ
Go to the ER NOW.

Most Active