anyone reach goal but still feel fat?

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/11 11:59 pm

My surgeon\doctor recommends a counselor that actually specializes in "weight loss surgery".  This is great because I know that if you have not taken this journey or know anything about it "other than the basics" than they may not actually "get it" and give you the wrong advise. 

I'm like 12 lbs away from goal, and I know I'm a lot better now than I was before, but I do on occasions still feel fat.  If I feel like this I pull out my size 24 jeans and try to wear them, or look at my before and after pictures and this puts my mind back in perspective.   I will write blogs about my success, or create another you-tube weight loss video (because i love to video edit) or something equally as productive and inspirational to keep my mind as positive as it can be.  :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Katari
on 9/8/11 1:16 am - OR
I am now 126 - 131 pounds depending on the day, I wear a size 4 and still have "fat" days. It was much worse when I was 9 month's out and skinny (I hit 135 bby 9 month's out or so, below my goal of 150). It got better over time, I still have moments when I have to go "oh yeah, I'm skinny now". LOL. I also have moments especially when I'm bloated due to TOM that I feel "fat" even though the scale still shows my new "normal" weight. I take as many pictures as I can to compair to the "old" me and that also helps.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/8/11 1:20 am
 Annie it is very very common.

frankly, you probably just need more time - the brain doesn't change as fast as the weight comes off.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

terrivian
on 9/8/11 9:44 pm - TX
i am a little over 2 1/2 yrs out. I had the bypass. I have 8 pounds to go to reach my goal weight, there are time that i still feel exactly the way i did before losing any weight.. especially yesterday when i did the BMI calculator.. It said that i am still MODERATELY OVERWEIGHT... All i can say is WTH?? lol.. I wear a size 3/4 jeans and sometimes a 1.. so MODERATELY OVERWEIGHT made my skin crawl.. I was 247 pounds when i had my surgery i am at 138 now.. I am 5ft 1in tall.. Sometimes i catch myself shopping in the plus section and my daughter drags me over to the smaller section and says .. "you cant wear that anymore".. Sometimes i just need a reminder that i am not fat anymore..
NoMore B.
on 9/8/11 11:17 pm
Yes, I think this is very common.

I lost almost 150 pounds,am in a size 6/8, and had plastics....and still feel fat most days.

I found a few things helpful. 

1) I sometimes confuse body shape with body size.  Meaning, I'm not happy with my thighs, I dont have a perfect figure, etc - so just because my shape isn't ideal I think I feel bigger than I am.  What helped with this is to make sure you find your way into some pictures with other people.  You will see that you are overall the same size, or even smaller, than they are.  That's your "size", even if you dont like your "shape".

2) I like the idea someone had of the paperbag over your head!  Another thing that helped me was to take pictures of myself from the neck down only.  The disassociation with "you"  - seeing your body as just a body - really helps.

3) Time, I suppose.  But I'm not there yet, either.
So Blessed!
on 9/8/11 11:52 pm

Almost 7 years out and I still have fat days...
Most Active