Bathroom issues?????

CHELLEYGIRL
on 9/8/11 3:02 am - PALMDALE, CA
I know its gross to talk about but, I do not go #2 as often as i should be. I am one month out from surgery. I am curious to see maybe if anyone has any ideas to help???   Thank you !
paria
on 9/8/11 3:47 am
Yes, this is pretty common.
I use daily : 1 tbsp of Benefiber, 2 colace tablets, and one dose of Miralax.
You can get these generic (store) brands too.
This has helped me since my first month after surgery till now.

Mary Catherine
on 9/8/11 4:09 am
 And if that is not enough there are suppositories and fleet enemas.
MacMadame
on 9/8/11 6:22 am - Northern, CA
Also, you may have to redefine normal... For example, if you are still mostly consuming liquids and some soft foods, you probably aren't making that much solid wastes, certainly not enough to go every day.

Plus, if you consume half the volume you used to,  you will probably have about half the BMs. It's not that exact, of course, but definitely those of us who were consuming 2000+ calories a day and are now consuming 800-1000 aren't going to be pooping as much as we used to. It can't some out if it never went in.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

SashaDY
on 9/8/11 8:01 am
I am 5 days out and am going alot.  Is that abnormal as well?
CHELLEYGIRL
on 9/9/11 3:55 am - PALMDALE, CA
i was always going in the begining. but since i started to try more soft/solid foods it has slowed for me. I cant say for everyone, but for me! Good luck on this journey!
sandiemathis
on 9/15/11 6:15 pm - CA
im 2 weeks out and have diarrhea or loose stools..before the surgery i was always constipated. so a big change for me. ive had some milk here and there and i dont think it agrees with me.not a mik drinker anyways.
CHELLEYGIRL
on 9/9/11 3:54 am - PALMDALE, CA
Thanks guys! I figured thats what it was not putting enough in to make it happen! this takes some getting used to since before surgery I was constantly in the restroom.haha!!! Again thanks for the input. 
So Blessed!
on 9/15/11 10:53 pm

Is there discomfort when you do go?
Most Active