Wear Weights for Consult?

JAADE
on 10/7/11 10:15 am
RNY on 01/31/12
That is what I was thinking! It could be dangerous!
Kady
on 10/7/11 5:39 am - Lancaster County, PA
I wouldn't want to start my new life based on a lie, just seems wrong, not to mention illegal.

My BMI on the day of surgery was 36 but I have (had-it's gone now!) type 2 diabetes, PCOS, mild sleep apnea and triglyceride issues so my co-morbidities helped me get approved.

My insurance would not approve the sleeve for me though, my BMI had to be 50 or higher.

Elizabeth N.
on 10/7/11 5:52 am, edited 1/2/12 10:41 am - Burlington County, NJ

JAADE
on 10/7/11 10:16 am
RNY on 01/31/12
You did go back and read right? This was not ME doing it.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/7/11 11:56 am, edited 1/2/12 10:43 am - Burlington County, NJ

JAADE
on 10/8/11 6:49 am
RNY on 01/31/12
This is what I was referring to...

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4458089/Which-is-best-for-me/

Elizabeth N.
on 10/8/11 8:02 am, edited 1/2/12 10:42 am - Burlington County, NJ

JAADE
on 10/7/11 7:33 am
RNY on 01/31/12
Me? Oh **** no! Someone else said it. (I am on my phone or would link!) I mentioned in my original post ny husband and I joked about it! My bmi is 38 and I don't need to lie about that! Please make sure to reread.
Gina1013
on 10/7/11 7:53 am - Canton, OH
 On the way back from my initial consult, we joked about how I should have worn my 2 lb ankle weights....not to raise my BMI, but so that it would make it seem like I lost more weight pre-op...since I was asked to lose 50 lbs.....A higher BMI is the last thing I needed!

As a matter of fact, when I got my height and weight at that first consult, I was trying to stand as tall as I could so that I would have a LOWER BMI..(even standing VERY erect, I am only 5" 1.5" inches)

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

USAF Wife
on 10/7/11 11:03 pm
It is insurance fraud. I've known people who have done it. I don't care if they do it. Personally, I don't see much difference in claiming "mental defect" or "my skin rolls/excess skin, are causing me to hate myself, to make my husband not want to touch me, our sex life is in the tank because of what being fat to super fat for the last decade and then losing 145+ pounds has left me with" to get plastic covered. I've read many times women applying laundry detergent to skin folds to purposely cause skin irritation to get panni removed and full tummy tucks covered by insurance companies. No one *****ed about those posts (at least not publicly). I have personally been having my PCM document a little "rash/irritation" on my stomach since being 7-8 months post-op in efforts to at least get partial coverage for a tummy tuck with our insurance. Knowing I would end up getting pregnant, my stomach has taken the brunt of the abuse from being morbidly obese for over a decade. I want a tummy tuck, I want the skin gone, will I go to extremes to get one? Probably not, but I wll make my case, and fight my insurance for at least partial coverage due to medical necessity.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active