Had gastric bypass in 2008, found out today need surgery again :(

therealfroglady
on 10/12/11 9:16 am - mill hall , PA
everything seemed fine , had gastric 2008, lost close around 150 pounds, then all  of a sudden start gaining weight and hungry all the time.  Hungrier than I was before I had my gastric done.  Had upper GI done, and find out I have a G-G fistula.  So now I am scheduled to have surgery next month. has anyone had the same thing and if so will I be going through the same as before , I do know my surgeon said I will have a drainage tube out my side which I didnt have any drainage tubes the first time.

God bless everyone on their journey to a healthier life!!
Wendy

cargriton
on 10/12/11 12:12 pm - exeter, PA
Hi Wendy, wow you did a great job, so what is a GG fistula??? I lost the same amount of weight and it wll be 3 years in Feb. for me, I have noticed I am hungry now, I try to exercise and eat rght so hopefully I won't gain. Let me know what that is ok
Gail
therealfroglady
on 10/16/11 11:15 am - mill hall , PA
how I was explained was my pouch is growing back to my stomach........... apparently I have a smart pouch and knows it belongs connected.
hope that helps , I will be looking it up to find out more myself

God bless everyone on their journey to a healthier life!!
Wendy

snshine62
on 10/13/11 2:59 am
At the top of the forum page there's a search box. I typed in GG fistula and there was a couple post on it, maybe that will help you.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/13/11 4:31 am, edited 1/2/12 9:26 am - Burlington County, NJ

Most Active