Question???

A_NewFuture
on 10/28/11 6:34 am - Saginaw, MI
HI I just had my surgery on the 11th and although I know it's only been a lil over 2 weeks. Went to see my Doctor and he still wants me on liquids but says for me to try to eat something small only ONCE a day. I tried eating some cottage cheese and it hurt so bad it felt like a ton of bricks in my tummy and I am using a baby spoon and only ate three spoons. I am cramping like as if I have to go diahrreah and it seems everything I am trying from yogurt to SF Jello it is going through me and I end up with Diahrrea and pain in my tummy that reaches my back I am uncomfortable and getting very frustrated  please help and send me advice I appreciate it.

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/11 10:04 am

I had good luck with homemade baked custard.  And it even tasted good when everything else tasted terrible.

Baked Custard

2 eggs
2 cups of milk
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cusp of splenda (more or less to taste) 

Sprinkle top with grated nutmeg

Mix well pour into 4 custard cups

Put custard cups into pan and pour ho****er around cups to 1/2 height of cups

Bake at 350 until set usually 35 min or so until you can insert a thin knife and it comes out clean.

Cover each cup with plastic wrap and Refrigerate when done

A_NewFuture
on 10/29/11 2:54 am - Saginaw, MI
 WOW! Thank you Alice I am going to go and make some right now! I so much appreciate it.

GOD BLESS

RAQUEL

A_NewFuture
on 11/17/11 1:08 pm - Saginaw, MI
 Alice do you know the caloriic information for this? Also I tried adding you as a friend and I couldn't so could you please add me thank you

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/11 5:05 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Hey girlie 2 things (well - 3ish)

1 - a lot of folks find themselves lactose intolerant right out of surgery - and your sysymptoms are the same as many of them have, so you might want to back off dairy things now just as a trial? 

2 - Chewable papaya enzymes really helped me when I could feel my digestion happening fresh out. It was not "painful" but it was not a sensation I enjoyed.  The difference between chewing the papaya enzymes and not chewing them is immeasureable.  I got mine at Wal-Mart over by the vitamins/minerals.  Oh, and unless you enjoy the taste of antacids (chalk and mint) be sure and *NOT* get the kind that says "Super Papaya"

3 - myfitnesspal.com is a great free tracker (I know a lot of folks like the one on here too, I used MFP) and you can make up a recipe like Alice gave you and then tell it how many servings are in it and it will tell you caloric information for said serving. 

Feel good and take care of you!
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/11 9:17 am
 Sorry, I don't know the calorie count of the custards.  The milk carton has the calorie count per cup on it.  And I sorta remember eggs being around 70 calories each.  It would depend on the size of your eggs.  It really doesn't matter too much as in the beginning I wasn't getting in enough calories to matter.  I doubt that you are either.  For me getting anything in was a blessing.  There are web sites you can go to that will figure out everything for you.  My nutritionist told me that as long as I was doing protein first and very limited carbs after the protein I really didn't have to worry about calories and I haven't.  I haven't lost fast as I've only lost 67 lbs in 6 1/2 months.  But I'm in my 60's and have quite a few medical problems.  I'm perhaps not thrilled with my progress bu I am content as I couldn't loose weight before this surgery no matter what I did and I'm not obsessing or driving myself crazy to get where I am now.  Its nice.

I don't like protein drinks.  Its an aversion left over from childhood.  My mother used to like to make eggnog with raw eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla.  She would tell me they were milkshakes and pretty much force them on me.  She was afraid I was too thin.  Till this day I can't face anything that resembles that sort of thing.  I haven't drank one protein drink yet.  I do know that the protein is important and I work hard to get in enough.  I do like to make up instant pudding with protein.  Here is how I do that:  One box of sugar free pudding mix, 2 scoops vanilla protein powder, mix well then add 2 cups of milk.  Makes 4 custard cups full Mine work out to about 12 grams of protein each.  When I eat two of these a day I loose weight better.

Most Active