off topic/ really sad sign of the times

carlacc
on 11/3/11 9:43 am - Walkerton, IN
Someone broke into my house friday and stole most of the meat and about half of the frozen vegtables in my upright freezer.roughly$200.00 worth. they took only food.It just breaks my heart that someone is that desperate.Carlacc

Live Today, and Dream of Tomorrow

PatXYZ
on 11/3/11 10:08 am
That is very sad. I'd also say it's highly likely it was someone you know. They wouldn't want the guilt of taking anything more valuable from your home. Were there any signs of forced entry?
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/11 10:13 am
Its very hard to be angry if that is the case, isn't it?
Jackie McGee
on 11/3/11 12:08 pm - PA
Exactly. If someone broke into my house and stole only food, I'd start leaving bags/boxes of yummy things on my porch every week with a note telling them to knock on the door so I can buy them something they/their kids like.

I know what it's like to go without food, and I know what it's like to work your ass off and never feel like you have enough.

I hate seeing/hearing/knowing that people out there are suffering. It breaks my heart.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

carlacc
on 11/3/11 10:22 am - Walkerton, IN
they forced the kitchen window out.They are welcome to the food. I feed people all the time. Had they asked, I would have given them canned goods also. I can not be angry at someone hungery enough to steal food.

Live Today, and Dream of Tomorrow

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/11 10:32 am - Santa Cruz, CA
I'm afraid we're going to see that more and more.
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/11 12:17 pm - Boston, MA
 that's really sad =(
Binda
on 11/3/11 3:26 pm - CA
Gosh... I have no words.

So sorry to hear - on both ends. It's hard to be mad at someone for stealing food but still, they broke into your home.

Hugs
Binda

I have wasted enough of my life worrying about what people think of me.

Most Active