Spice Girl Pumpkin Latte

Kathleen W.
on 11/14/11 9:13 pm - Lancaster, PA
This a  Spice Girl Pumkin Latte from Hungry girl  web site.  Also, there's the Starbucks version so you know how  fattening Starbucks can be.
So, Here's a Story From H to G...

If HG were a Spice Girl (yes, we realize how dated this reference is), she'd be Hungry Spice, of course. And the song lyric "So tell me what you want, what you really, really want..." would be all about which guilt-free latte to sip. This time of year, like many of you out there, we really, really want PUMPKIN SPICE!

Ingredients:

1 tbsp. sugar-free French vanilla powdered creamer (like the kind by Coffee-mate)
1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda or Truvia)
2 tsp. instant coffee granules
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, or more for topping
2 tbsp. canned pure pumpkin (Libby's is the best)
1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk
1/4 cup Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
Place powdered creamer, sweetener, coffee granules, and pumpkin pie spice in a tall microwave-safe mug or glass. Add 3/4 cup very ho****er and stir until creamer and coffee granules have dissolved.

Add canned pumpkin and stir until blended. Add soymilk and mix well. Microwave for 30 - 45 seconds, until hot. Give it a stir, and top with Reddi-wip. Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice, if you like, and enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: entire recipe (about 12 oz. with whipped topping)
Calories: 97
Fat: 3.5g
Sodium: 68mg
Carbs: 12g
Fiber: 1.5g
Sugars: 6g
Protein: 3.5g

PointsPlus® value 2*

Fight it! Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte
Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte
Sugar & Spice & Everything Not So Nice

Our relationship with Starbucks is a complicated one. We know which drinks are safe to order off of the chain's menu. However, every now and then a flavored coffee drink comes along that can't be ordered "skinny," but it's something that we MUST have. Like the beloved seasonal sipper known as the Pumpkin Spice Latte. Even if you order it with nonfat milk, a Tall one with whipped cream still has 260 calories and 6 grams of fat, not to mention SO MUCH SUGAR... 38 grams, to be exact. That's why we like to make our own version (and you will too). Our unique take on this creamy concoction is SO much more than a "wannabe." Not only does it have REAL PUMPKIN and an impressive fiber count -- take THAT, SB! -- but it also has far fewer calories, less fat, and a fraction of the amount of sugar. Hungry Girl power!

Serving Size: 12 oz. (Tall) with 2% milk and whipped cream
Calories: 300
Fat: 11g
Sodium: 170mg
Carbs: 39g
Fiber: 0g
Sugars: 38g
Protein: 11g

PointsPlus® value 8*

HG EVENT TONIGHT IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA! - Join Hungry Girl Lisa and the HG staff in Riverside, CA, for the very last stop on the Supermarket Survival book-signing tour! There will be free snacks, cool prizes & unlimited FUN. So come celebrate TONIGHT (Tuesday, 11/15) at 7 p.m. at Phood on Main. Click for details!

CHEW ON THIS:

Don't yawn when you read this -- today, November 15th, is National Raisin Bran Cereal Day. (We said don't yawn!) Some versions of the cereal can be MUCH higher in calories than you'd expect. Play it safe, and chew some Fiber One Raisin Bran Clusters!

Send To A Friend

Share the goodness! Click "Send to a Friend" to pass along this email to the spiciest gals and guys you know.

Having mail issues? Click here for a printable, text-only version of this email. And click here
for an HTML version. FacebookTwitter
We may have received free samples of food, which in no way influences whether these products are reviewed favorably, unfavorably, mentioned with indifference, or mentioned at all. Click for more about our editorial and advertising policies.

*The PointsPlus® values for these products and/or recipes were calculated by Hungry Girl and are not an endorsement or approval of the product, recipe or its manufacturer or developer by Weigh****chers International, Inc., the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.

Hungry Girl Inc., 18034 Ventura Blvd. #503, Encino, CA 91316

HG VIDEO | HG BOOKS | NEWS | CHEW THE RIGHT THING | ASK HG | WEIGH IN | GIRLS BITE OUT
  WHO IS HG? | WHACK-A-SNACK | MAKE HG MY HOME PAGE | CONTACT US | UNSUBSCRIBE | HOME
EDITORIAL POLICY | ADVERTISING INFORMATION | PRIVACY POLICY | TERMS & CONDITIONS
Copyright © 2011 Hungry Girl. All Rights Reserved.

#yiv232068963 #yiv232068963span386 p { }

You are subscribed to Hungry Girl as: [email protected]

Click here to unsubscribe and be sure to enter [email protected] as your email address

Delete ReplyReply ForwardSpamMovePrint Actions    

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/11 9:47 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
I love Starbucks Pumpkin Spice.....I kinda feel bad about cannibalizing my own peeps, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

Thanks for the recipe, I'm printing it up for muh cookbook.
Kathleen W.
on 11/14/11 9:51 pm - Lancaster, PA
Oh Darlin',  you have to do what's best and works for you.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/11 10:19 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
It's just so hard around the holidays.....Do you think this is the reason why all my people stay away from me during the holidays ?

http://pictures.bigfunnysite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/funny-pumpkin-pictures-8.jpg
Kathleen W.
on 11/15/11 4:59 am - Lancaster, PA
I like that pumpkin.  How did you do it?  It fits my mood with my family, especially my mother.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

martitalinda
on 11/14/11 10:06 pm
 YUM YUM YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYY ... oh shoot? can we say yummy for drinks too? I am have ESL issues from time to time ... but this sounds AWESOME ... printing and sharing with my co-workers and friends STAT ... Definitely trying this ... my DD will love it too!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Kathleen W.
on 11/15/11 5:05 am - Lancaster, PA
Yummy works very well for drinks, also. It doesn't matter if it's actual food or beverages.  I very happy that you can use it.  Let's face it, we all have to stick together in the battle we fight.  Can I ask a really stupid question?  You mentioned ESL.  What's your mother tongue?  I wish I was bilingual.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

M M
on 11/15/11 7:30 am

Fall Pumpkin Spice CLICK

Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com

DSC_5422

CLICK'n Pumpkin Spice ICED
4 oz of water 4 oz vanilla almond milk or unsweetened almond milk 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (adds approx. 1.8 g of fiber) 1-2 scoops of CLICK Espresso Protein Drink (mocha, vanilla latte or 1 of each :)   Pour all the ingredients into your favorite blender and add 3-5 cubes of ice.  Once blended, pour into a tall glass.  For an extra treat, top with a squirt of sugar-free whipped cream, sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, CLICK on and enjoy!   CLICK'n Pumpkin Spice HOT
4 oz of non fat milk 8 oz of water 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (now in grocery aisle) 1/4 teaspoon vanilla 1-2 scoops of CLICK Espresso Protein Drink (mocha, vanilla latte or 1 of each :) Squirt of sugar free whipped cream   Pour 4 oz of non fat milk in shaker cup.  Add 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.  Shake to blend spice with milk.  Add 8 oz of water to shaker cup, top with 2 scoops of CLICK, seal and shake.
Kathleen W.
on 11/15/11 7:50 am - Lancaster, PA

That sounds really good.  Thanks for sharing it.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active