Whoa! Calm down everyone..........

Miss_Kitty
on 11/23/11 12:24 am, edited 11/23/11 12:33 am - New Bedford, MA
Sox_Man was only protecting me and my poem. He thought it would have gotten more recognition. As far as the spell checks goes, I've told him to do spell check his emails and stuff, but you know how men are at listening! (sorry guys!) I admit, I don't always do spell checks either.

Just take it easy on the poor guy, ok? He was trying to show support for the lady he loves, and I highly appreciate his support and efforts. He's a good guy, bad spelling and all. And we all know good men are hard to find. (especially for the obese.)

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

So Blessed!
on 11/23/11 12:29 am

You got it! 

Nic M
on 11/23/11 12:50 am

"Especially for the obese?" Really? You had me agreeing with you until I read that line at the end of your post. I absolutely hate this way of thinking! 

I've been married for 23 years to a great guy and I love him with all my heart... and vice versa.  It's not that hard for "the obese" to find a good man...  because a GOOD man doesn't focus so much on the shape of a body but what is inside a person's heart and mind.

People need to stop thinking they're worth less than a thin person just because they're fat. It's such a shallow way of thinking.  If someone discounts you because of your size or shape, they're not worth any attention, anyway!  Bodies change throughout our lifetimes. I want someone who will love me throughout it... no matter what size my ass is. And I HAVE that someone.

Your poem was fine, but I didn't relate to it personally. I don't allow people to make me feel bad about myself, no matter what size I am.  That's why I didn't comment on it. It's nice that your guy is proud of your poem, though. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

So Blessed!
on 11/23/11 12:58 am

Our office secretary is a big girl and she charms every man who walks through her door.  They almost drool over her.   It's so funny to watch them get stupid around her. 
Nic M
on 11/23/11 1:02 am
Exactly!  She probably smiles and is friendly and genuine... and THAT is what people respond to. If she hung her head low like she thought she was unworthy of attention, people respond to THAT, too.

You gotta love yourself before anyone else can love you, right?! 

Miss_Kitty
on 11/23/11 1:16 am - New Bedford, MA
I wish I had your confidence! I have had low self esteem my whole life.

And the pic of you and your man.....so cute! Hang on to him!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Nic M
on 11/23/11 1:20 am
That is what is most important to work on. It's not a good thing to spend your whole life thinking you're not worth a LOT... because you ARE. You're a human being who deserves to be on this earth and to be happy. You're just as important and beautiful as anyone else on the planet. YOU need to believe it, though.

I found counseling to be a big help in this arena. It's important to know that you're worthy of all the love and affection in the world.

My hubby's with me through thick and thin! We've been together since I was about 20 and he's my best friend and a wonderful husband and father. I'm thankful for him! AND he makes me feel beautiful every day. Every woman deserves that!

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Tenacious88
on 11/23/11 4:48 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Hi: N.M

Sorry to disagree with you a little. First we look at the physical. The eyes make the first connection with the physical. After that we move onto the head,heart and soul connection and if it klicks we're in.

Happy Thanksgiving

Nic M
on 11/23/11 5:02 am
That's not what I'm talking about, actually.  Yes, the physical attraction is important, but if there's nothing more than that, you've got nothing. So, if  a person spends his or her life believing that they're not physically attractive and conducts themselves as if they are less than attractive, they are going to have results that reflect that.

Even at my heaviest, I had men hitting on me. It's because I believe in myself as a person. I engage other people, I smile, I don't carry myself like I have anything to be ashamed of. 

And those people who look at me and see only the exterior wouldn't be worth my time, anyway. That was my point... if a person is obese and acts and feels like they are "less than," they're going to be treated that way. If a person is obese and feels good about themselves, people will see that and respond accordingly.

Before I married my hubby, I dated chubby guys, skinny guys, it didn't matter. There are a lot of people in the world who don't focus solely on physical appearance. I know from experience!

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/11 5:15 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Right on. Same with me.  And it baffles me when folks suddenly find themselves "not invisible" anymore, because all of my sizes, I have always had conversations with strangers, folks open doors, ask if they could help, compliment me or kindly accept a compliment from me, or smile at me or back at me!

Anyway.

yea!  What she said! 
Most Active