what was the best advice given to you?

leanno01
on 11/26/11 7:28 am
What was the best advice given to you about post opt life/recovery?

Emily F.
on 11/26/11 7:28 am
Grow thick skin.
poet_kelly
on 11/26/11 7:36 am - OH
We are our own best advocates.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kathleen W.
on 11/26/11 7:55 am - Lancaster, PA
Take it slow, especially in the beginning.  Follow the surgeon and dietican/nutrionist advice.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Amy Smith
on 11/26/11 8:20 am
Do as much research as possible and dont be afraid to advocate for what you think is best.
Nic M
on 11/26/11 8:26 am
If you are experiencing chronic, severe, life threatening pain and your surgeon doesn't lift a finger to help you, find someone who will. Don't take one surgeon's word as gospel. Advocate for yourself at ALL times.

Also, the surgeon who told me to have the lapband removed before it killed me... THAT was the best advice I've EVER gotten.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Mary Catherine
on 11/26/11 9:05 am
 Surgery is just a tool. It will make it easy to follow a sensible diet and exercise plan.  You will still have to do the work of diet and exercise, but this time it will work.
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/26/11 10:51 am
No one will advocate better for you than you, and never take the wait and see approach if you think something is wrong post op. Pain means something is wrong, and if the surgeon doesn't address it, go to ER. 
LindaScrip
on 11/26/11 9:57 pm
wow thats a tough one.  I was told that people would make comments such as "you took the easy way out" or "boy it must be nice to just have surgery and the weight falls off" or "now that you lost that weight I guess you must think you are all that and a bag of chips" not to even bother with them yet alone respond to them.  I don't give a rat's ass what they thought.
M M
on 11/26/11 11:11 pm
 Never trust a fart.
Most Active