exodus

StaceyC1965
on 12/19/11 11:28 am, edited 1/25/12 5:59 pm
So
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/11 12:04 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Hard to say exactly how many people have gone away, but I've seen the tensions rise to this level twice now.

It's cyclical;  seems to be tied to the Solstices.

Hang around, it's an interesting place!!
StaceyC1965
on 12/19/11 12:08 pm
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/11 12:34 pm, edited 12/19/11 12:35 am - Santa Cruz, CA
(Cautiously, cause I'm not really sure) I believe the most upsetting part of the entire episode has been the part of the "cross accessing" of private communications from another site by the people in OH. I have to agree I don't care for that at all.

Still waiting to find out if there's more than just a drunk poster hitting the alarm button to "report" when someone said something she didn't like.

And for every vocal person who leaves, there'll be others! They've been kind of drowned out by us oldtimers!

There are times I just get out some popcorn and hide & watch!!
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 12/19/11 7:59 pm
Hi Lynn!  missed you but I'm not around as much any more!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/11 11:15 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
I luv that little hedgehog!  I didn't know they were computer-literate!!

I've been traveling back and forth across the continent in the past six months, and my internet access is somewhat impaired.  Thank heavens for Starbux wifi or I'd never be able to keep up!

Hope you're staying happy and healthy.  Merry Hannukaa
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 12/20/11 3:44 am
 Happy Hanukkah and a Blessed Solstice Lynn!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

StaceyC1965
on 12/19/11 11:33 pm
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/11 11:49 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Well, we shall see, shan't we.....??!!
ericklein
on 12/21/11 3:02 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
I've got the pop corn out on my end.

The bag (microwave) was about 5 years old, though -- not as much popping as would have liked.

It has been interesting to watch how the various accusations evolve (or maybe just randomly change) over the years. I remember in, I think, 2002, making a bet with someone that it was only a matter of time before OH staff were mutilating homeless children, selling their body parts to local restaurants, and using the proceeds to fund terrorists.  I don't recall having ever heard that one, but for all I know I might have won that bet.  The whole privacy invasion theme, by comparison... I thought that had run out of steam by 2003. Guess the time was ripe. Of all the unsubstantiated claim possibilities, I guess that one is as easy as any other.  "Cross accessing"... that sounds like an interesting trick, especially if, say, Swiss bank account numbers of criminals were somewere up for the accessing.

Thanks for being an oldtimer,
-EAK'11

Most Active