2 wk Liquid Diet

gmdelacruz09
on 1/7/12 6:33 am
Hi I'm on my 2 week  liquid diet  b4 surgery and Im having a really hard time./.. what should I do... On top of it all I'm strong antibotics for a sinus infection and it makes my stomach hurt Im stuck and dont know what to do.. what happens if I dont do two weeks exactly ?????????????? will they cancel surgery or what>>>>>>>>>>>
sarah_durso
on 1/7/12 6:51 am, edited 1/7/12 6:51 am
 It's very important you do the 2 week liquid diet. It shrinks your liver.  The doctor has to lift the liver, because it's over the stomach. If it's to heavy they will have a harder time, and might have to do open surgery.  Which in return is longer recovery and higher risk of complications. 
Mary Catherine
on 1/7/12 12:18 pm
 Contact the doctor and see if you can get an injection of antibiotics instead of pills.
WhoIWantToBe *.
on 1/7/12 9:39 pm
RNY on 01/10/12
Holy crap.  I really feel for you.  I'm miserable enough on the two week diet and WATCHING my daughter have a sinus infection.  I can't imagine going through both at the same time.

Rub Mentholatum or Vicks Vaporub on your cheeks.  That'll help you feel a little better.

And definitely check into the antibiotic shot, or at the very least a different antibiotic.

Feel better.  ((Hugs))

foxeybrn3807
on 1/9/12 1:04 am
 Hang in there...I will tell you I didnt do exactly what I was suppose to do and yes the morning of my surgery they asked me did I do my 2wk liquid and I told them 5days before my surgery I had a small bowl of chili and they said my surgery may be delayed....mind you I had just got my IV put in...I begged them not to delay it....the reason the were thinking to delay is because they didnt think I would be able to do the liquid diet after the surgery and that would be crucial to the point I could end up back in the hospital....so I would have to say to you its not worth it!!! Trust me I know its not easy but it gets greater later...I'm 3wks out and 26lbs lost...Hang in there!

Most Active