How I feel 2 days post op

LAldo
on 1/26/12 8:32 am - TX
I am here sitting up on the computer and feel a jab of pain in my left incision (where the stomach is pulled out) and feeling pretty thirsty depsite sipping and sipping.  I took a 12 minute walk around the neighborhood.  I assume this is good but I feel so defeated.  I dont think I prepared myself for post operative pain.  I was having nausea and thought it might be related to pain meds so I stopped Lortab elixir until now and hoping it will help with some pain.  I had surgery 1/24 and am expected back at work 2/1.  I think I should be okay.  Does this sound like good progress to you?  When will I be up and at em without a kink in my incision site? When will I feel out of this haze?  I know it's early days but I have an 8 month old.

"Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels"    
Sharon38
on 1/26/12 10:30 am - TX
Why do you have to go back so soon? You will not be ready sweetie! I took off 4 weeks and still feel weak! It was very hard for me the first 3 weeks! I was so depressed and felt deprived but I got through it and I'm down 20 lbs! Keep your head and spirits up! Ask God to give you the strength that you need, you can do it!

God bless!
Have a blessed day! - Sharon    
Most Active