extrem back pain. please help

Amykins512
on 1/28/12 10:17 pm - PA
BPlease help. Horrible back pain. No relief from heating pads etc. Its enough for me to regret thos whole dicision. Even called dr on call said to use miralax powder. Im desperate
poet_kelly
on 1/28/12 10:34 pm - OH
Miralax for back pain?  Are you constipated?  Do you think that's what's causing the back pain?

I'm assuming you think the back pain is caused by your surgery?

If the pain is that bad, you'll need to see a doctor.  If you can't wait until tomorrow to call for an appointment, go to the ER.  Sounds like you need some pain meds.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ginarc79
on 1/29/12 3:47 am
I really sympatize, I had RnY on Dec 21st and had the worst back pain and was regretting the whole thing. Keep you mind set on the bigger prize and healthier you. I am still on pain meds for my pains and complications. I develeoped a hematoma post op, so severe that I ended up in ICU with tachycardia and I needed 2 blood tranfusions. I also developed an allergic reaction to the steri strips used post op. I don't want to freak you out just let you know you are not alone. And if you are in pain not to mention going through the massive changes from the surgery the last thing you need is to be suffering. I would fight for the pain meds if you are in that much pain.

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 1/29/12 8:21 am - Belleville, IL
Um...We need more information. WHEN did you have your surgery? What KIND of surgery did you have? Why would your Doc recommend MIRALAX for "Back pain"? (It's for constipation)....

We need more info. WHEN does your back hurt? During what activities? WHERE in your back? Did you JUST have surgery within a week ago? Is it GAS pain?

Good luck and give us more info....

Warmly,
J~

Docj
on 1/29/12 6:00 pm
Revision on 09/01/88
Need more info here... Back pain could be caused by lots of things.

If you had an RNY, you may have a kidney stone.

Contact your surgeon.

Good luck.
Most Active