Banded Plication

Mary Catherine
on 2/1/12 10:11 pm
 If you get a RNY you will have the almost guarantee of losing 100 pounds due to restriction and malabsorption.  Some of my malabsorption is gone now, but enough remains so that I do not gain weght.  RNY is a common and successful surgery.  It is so much easier than restriction alone.  DS is another option.  Let that surgeon find someone who is young and has time to experiment with his ideas.  You have had enough of weight loss failure and need to get a no nonsense surgery, lose the weight and maintain the loss.  A simple little RNY can do that for you pretty quickly and easily.
Bette B.
on 2/1/12 10:31 pm
I can't comment on the plication, since I don't know anyone who had one.

However, if I had an erosion previously with the band and had to have it out, I would NOT run the risk of having another band put in.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

tripmom02
on 2/2/12 3:13 am - NJ
 That, exactly.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Aasect .org
on 2/2/12 12:01 am
The long-term results aren't in yet, and I'm not willing to be anyone's guinea pig.  Why not revise to a sleeve? Why would you go for something questionable?

I understand your surgeon has good credentials, but so did many who performed surgeries such as the vertical banded gastroplasty (which has a miserable failure rate and is no longer covered by insurance), the Fobi pouch (which has required many revisions), and older stomach-stapling procedures.

Get a sleeve. Hell, I'd even redo my rny (which I hate) before getting the banded plication.
Zee Starrlite
on 2/2/12 12:26 am

Read this link posted a couple of days ago inquiring about the vertical sleeve plication.  Forget the Band, forget the Plication!!!

see this: 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4497159/gastric-sleev e-plication/

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/12 12:45 am
it is my understanding that re-banding after an erosion is a no no...even after healing..

i went w/the sleeve - not one issue, other than fatigue early on.

would never consider placation - ever, even on a virgin stomach - let alone one one that experienced an erosion from the lapband.    really can't believe that was suggested.

Karen R.
on 2/2/12 2:50 am - Gering, NE
This will surely make some Sh*t hit the fan...

I have my 3rd band in now and have had it for 2 years.  Working just fine.  No issues.  We are all so different with our bodies.  What is right for one is not right for the others.  Best wishes hon!

On the road again....so glad to be on the road again.... 

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/12 6:41 am
On February 2, 2012 at 10:50 AM Pacific Time, Karen R. wrote:
This will surely make some Sh*t hit the fan...

I have my 3rd band in now and have had it for 2 years.  Working just fine.  No issues.  We are all so different with our bodies.  What is right for one is not right for the others.  Best wishes hon!
no flame at all - but curious.
3 bands, why for the replacement?

Karen R.
on 2/2/12 6:45 am - Gering, NE
Band #1 eroded, removed, 6 months healing time
Band # 2 was put in, 8 months later it cracked.  Faulty Band.  They removed that one and put in Band #3 at the same time.  I have had this one for almost 2 years.

People have called me so many names on here......but yanno, if they are talking about me, they are giving someone else a rest. 

Have a GREAT Day.

On the road again....so glad to be on the road again.... 

goodkel
on 2/2/12 8:40 am
On February 2, 2012 at 2:45 PM Pacific Time, Karen R. wrote:
Band #1 eroded, removed, 6 months healing time
Band # 2 was put in, 8 months later it cracked.  Faulty Band.  They removed that one and put in Band #3 at the same time.  I have had this one for almost 2 years.

People have called me so many names on here......but yanno, if they are talking about me, they are giving someone else a rest. 

Have a GREAT Day.

Just curious, so you've already had three surgeries, have you decided what will be the fourth when your current band craps out on you?

(since according to their own literature, it is "not a lifetime product")
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Most Active