Frequent Headaches???

mrschriscross
on 3/1/12 5:40 am - Oswego, NY
 I have been getting frequent headaches for the past few months. I just had bloodwork done and everything came back fine except my Vit D was low about 21 or 25. Can't remember which. I brought up my headaches to my PCP and she replied with "it may be your body trying to fight off sickness" I was sick at the time, even though I told her I have had them for months. I am dealing with one right now, I am wondering if it could be caused by dehydration? I drink but I know I am not drinking the 60oz needed daily. Also my lips are dry but they are always like this in the winter. What else could be causing my headaches? I get them usually towards the front of my head from my temples right across the front. Today it's on the side of my temples.
Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW
320 / 305 / 213 / 185   Updated 3-27-11

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/12 5:47 am
Yes, I get them daily if I don't drink enough water.  I hope you feel better soon!
Neal R.
on 3/1/12 9:51 pm - Wylie, TX
I am the same way. i get headaches quite often and it's almost always when I haven't hydrated enough.

http://www.nealslapband.com/
Banded May, 9, 2006 by Dr. Cribbens. Abdominoplaty on 02/11/08
TT pics: http://www.makemeheal.com/pictures/viewAlbum.php?albumid=4974

Facebook: Neal Riggins (Wylie, Texas)
Twitter: @NealRiggins
BeatrizS1974
on 3/1/12 11:39 am
maybe a sinus headache/ infection?  I notice in the winter when the heat is on i get lots of headaches and my lips are always dry/chapped.  Usually my Dr. will prescribe an antibiotic and some nose drops and within a day or so the headache goes away.

Allie A.
on 3/1/12 1:09 pm - Canada
The past couple viruses I've had all have simmilar (somewhat unexpected) symptoms. Headache, eyeball ache, body ache and chills.

Yes dehydration will cause headaches. Use the color of your urine as a gauge.
mrschriscross
on 3/1/12 9:10 pm - Oswego, NY
 I would say my Urine is a little dark.

Also I get these headaches sometimes twice a week. I have had some last 3 days before. 
Feel Free to Add Me on FACEBOOK just search for my name Angela Cross or [email protected]  Also if you could put you are from OH in the request it would help. Thanks :)

HW / SW / CW / GW
320 / 305 / 213 / 185   Updated 3-27-11

MsBatt
on 3/1/12 9:16 pm
60 ounces is too little water! Drink up. Doesn't sound like the right place for sinus headaches, to me---my sinus headaches are centered on my sinues, and are more of a 'face-ache' than a headache.

I try to drink enough that by pee is nearly clear.
zabber
on 3/2/12 5:19 am
RNY on 02/28/12
I had a headache in the hospital I am 4 days post op and they said it was probably the iv drugs and going off of them, and they gave me a bit of warm tea and some liquid perc's and I am now fine...I think it's also the water and the fluids are a pain but so needed....protein is also a big help and vitamins I told were just as important and the hydration...feel better...
rbb825
on 3/2/12 3:33 pm - Suffern, NY
please be careful, dehydration is very dangerous for us and yes, they do cause headaches.  If you can notice your urine being darker than it is way too dark.  You shouldnt' be able to see any color - it should be clear, slight yellow but clear is best.

Ideally we need 80 ounces especially since you are further out, less than 60 isn't good.  Please find something you like and add fluids and not with caffeine, because if you are drinking caffeine, that just adds to the dehydration.  there are lots of flavored waters or powdered packets that you can add to a water bottle that makes it easy to drink water.  I dont know if you can tolerate any sugar but they now have the trop 50 OJ and Apple Juices - you can diluite them even further with half water and half juice to give you the flavor of OJ or apple juice but not as much sugar and only 25 calories.

protein drinks count as fluids. - add protein powder to hot chocolate - it is delicious and gives 35 grams of protein and 20 ounces of fluids - just mix the 1 1/2 scoops of protein powder in cool water and then add to the hot chocoate. It is delicious.  You can do this with decaf tea or decaf coffee with unflavored protein

Most Active