Any other altenative preop diet methods

tabrielle10
on 3/18/12 7:15 am
Well you know what friend...I will soon find out Tuesday morning at 11am.  The anesthesiologist will give the doctor a stat blood test on me, to see if I will be clear for my surgery on 04042012, and then I will see the doctor on the same day at 1:00pm.  The one thing that did scare me though, is when I went in on Friday to weigh in, the P/A told me that I had to get my pressure down or Dr. B will postpone my surgery.  Which his next availiable slot isnt until August 2012!  I will get in all the questions I need to get in with him on Tuesday and prayerfully will go back into the regiment I started out with 3 weeks ago.  I went from 310 to 294 in 3 weeks.  I should be good to go hopefully.  thanks for chiming in! 
tabrielle10
on 3/18/12 7:23 am

Hi!
Im glad you said something about the shakes, because I do 2 shakes a day. Sip..sip..sip. is what I do from 7am to 4pm and then I eat fish and veggies back from aquatics in the evenings!  Boy I hope he doesnt tell me that I have to stop the shakes!  They really cut my appetite and is quite filling.  I also do the smoothie king energy weight loss caps and the energy acia caps to help me during the day.  Yogurt has become the "new icecream" in my life.  When I need a sweet fix, I go to my yoplait section of my fridge and inhale the keylime pie "fat free" light yogart and then I can sleep.  Is this bad?  what are your thoughts?  Please advise??  Thanks!!!

tabrielle10
on 3/18/12 7:30 am
That's what I'm talking about!!!  I will definitely ask Dr. B about this!  Thank you for chiming in, your reply meant more than you know!
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/12 6:55 am
RNY on 01/09/12
My doctor had me do the two week liquid diet.  However, he stated it was not to make me suffer.  If I needed more than he instructed I could eat chicken breast.  I did this three times during the two weeks when I just felt I needed more than chicken broth.  I avoided the sugar free stuff (popsicles, jell-O, etc.) since sweet tasting stuff just makes one crave carbs.  I also asked the good Lord for help.  I lost 15 lbs. on the 2 week liquid diet.  It was worth it to get a good jump start on my weight loss journey.  Focus, YOU can do this!  Good luck, the next few weeks will be tough, but it does get better and you will be so happy as the excess weight begins to melt away.
tabrielle10
on 3/18/12 7:05 am
Thank you.  This makes me feel a little better now.  I will ask my doctor about me eating a piece of chicken breast.  This will help me.  Im sure of it.  I have the Lord with me, and he has been rolling this process out for me, so I know this is what I am supposed to be doing.  My determination to lose this weight jumped off strong and I will continue to fight the urge to eat other than what is recommended. 
alexa007
on 3/18/12 8:32 pm

1. Avoid eating concentrated sugar in any of the meals. Eat a plenty of fruit and vegetables. They are rich in vitamin, minerals and dietary fiber. They also low in calories. You should drink at least two liters water per day

2. If you want to improve liver function, consume less chicken, turkey and egg. They often contain Steroid Growth Hormones and antibiotics that can increases the workload of both your liver and kidney.

Fencing Kerry
ND2BTHN
on 3/19/12 8:40 am - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 I don't understand why so many surgeons depend on the liquid diet as the only way to shrink the liver. I think it is torture to be honest. You can achieve the exact same results with a high protein, low carb diet too. Best to discuss your issues with your surgeon before you go off plan though!

The whole point of shrinking your liver is to melt off the slimy greasy coating that makes it very slippery. This makes the surgery riskier of the liver being nicked or torn by an instrument used to hold it out of the way, if it slips, which could cause you to bleed out on the table. However, you can melt the fat off your liver, by either a liquid protein shake diet, or a half liquid, and half food diet, or a complete protein, low crab food diet. One way isn't better than the other, persay, except for the "torture" part in my opinion. They all have the same end result.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Most Active