Good,bad or ugly Dr. Jaime Ponce De Leon Tijuana

Gabesmom128
on 3/20/12 11:26 am
Has anyone gone to Dr. Jaime Ponce De Leon in Tijuana Mexico. I would love to hear about your experience.Thanks.
Valerie G.
on 3/21/12 5:25 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 In the many years I've been out here, I've not heard of him, which scares me a little.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

ND2BTHN
on 3/21/12 11:22 am - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 Try posting on the vsg board. I have heard some negative things, but it was a while ago, so I can't give you any feedback regarding him. Many others may have more input there.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Gabesmom128
on 3/21/12 1:22 pm
 Was the negativity about Dr. Ponce De Leon? Was it about a lap band brand issue he told someone he was giving them?
ND2BTHN
on 3/21/12 8:47 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 I don't wanna give you any wrong information, because I honestly can't remember what it was about. However, if you want a top surgeon in Tijiuana, than I have heard many great things about Dr. Kelly. It depends on what you are comfortable with. If you want to have your entire stay in a hospital, or spend the post care in a hotel or recovery house. If you wish to be in a hospital, then I would not suggest the Tijuana surgeons. It also depends on which surgery you are having. Many people will chime in on the top Mexican surgeons you should consider. Please don't make your final decision based on the price offered. Try posting on the Mexican or vsg board. Many people who went to Mexico are on there.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
mary9133
on 4/6/12 7:00 am
BeautyVGSJourney
on 5/20/12 2:04 am - Fort Worth, TX
I had surgery with Dr. Ponce De Leon in Tijuana Mexico Last week.  you all can watch my journey in you tube.  Those negative things you are saying about him are not truth, they might be about Dr. Almanza but not about Dr. Ponce.  Dr. Ponce practices in a full hospital, he even uses an automatic stapler machine which most doctors do now yet own because they are very expensive.  Dr. Ponce does assist Dr. Almanza and other surgeons whenever they need it because he is a teacher and many surgeons trust him.  He taught Dr. Kelly, Dr. Almanza and many other surgeons how to do the sleeve and many other bariatric surgeries.  I know all of this because I did a lot of research before going to Mexico but my research was not only from forums, I actually called there and talked to nurses and staff at the different hospitals.  Dr. Ponce has done surgeries in other surgeons, and they believe he is the best in Tijuana (those where words from a surgeon I spoke to).  I went to Dr. Ponce and I would definetly do it again!   not only is the wonderful but has more experience than most USA doctors and even most Mexican ones.  When choosing your surgeon please do a lot of research and don't base it solely on things you hear here or go to the USA with just anyone either.  I have a friend who had surgery 10 weeks ago here in Texas and has had every complication (except for death) you can think of.  Having a cheap or expensive USA doctor does not mean you have the best care you can get.  Good luck in your journey!
aloadoff
on 8/11/12 5:57 am
 I would love to know more about Dr. Ponce and would love to know about your Detailed experience (Good, Bad or Ugly) from the airport and back.... I am thinking of using him. From you post it seems all good which was a plus....thanks for your feedback by the way.
Keri_Chavez
on 9/29/14 8:38 am

Have you had all the success that you expected?  I have been told my 3 doctors now that I need to have surgery, and I was strongly suggested Dr. Ponce.  I am scared, but I see that I am not doing it on my own.   Children is my biggest goal and that is not going to happen until I get a kick start.  So are you still happy with him as you were in May of 2012?

rainyone
on 8/12/12 7:03 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
I went with him and had a great experience. Fantastic surgeon. I know about 7 people personally who have had him. Trish was an amazing co ordinator as well. ( wlsforbetterlife)

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Most Active