First day home! and a little scare yesterday

ELevyNJ
on 3/21/12 2:33 am - NJ
I had my sleeve done Monday. Yesteray I was all set to be discharged when I "puked" a litte. To me it wasn't really puke because it was liquid. I realzied that I didn't leave enough time after eating the geletin to drink water and that's what came up. The nurse in the room was concerned and she didn't want to let me leave. She called my surgeoin and he came back, talked to me saw what I "thew up" and agreed I could go home.

Today I had some sips of water from a shot glass. My vitimans whic are gummy but I wwas told if I chew them very well it's fine so thats's what I did and no complaints!

I made Nature's Best Zero Carb Isopure, Pineapple Orange Banana  with 8 oz of water. I thimk two scoops of it was too much but that's what the instructions say. It doesn't taste the best but I will keep at it.
Valerie G.
on 3/21/12 4:54 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 You'll definitely notice that some things need a little time to settle before you drink anything afterwards.  For me, it's bananas and potatoes that tend to do it to me.  Just eat them slower and you'll feel when it's time to take a drink as you get used to your new stomach.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

AlohaJen
on 3/22/12 4:00 am
RNY on 09/05/12
Congrats on your surgery!  I am new to this journey, still in the pre-6 months approval stage, I'm curious, what made you decide on the Sleeve?

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

ELevyNJ
on 3/22/12 4:10 am - NJ
Honestly Fear is what made me decide on the sleeve. I have been having some health issues related to my weight and came to the realization that if I didn't have WLS I would not have a happy future.

My surgeon had done operations on some coworkers who have been pleased with their outcomes.  So I weiged my options

1) Lap-band heard horror stories about erosion and people not losing enoguh so they get the sleve procedure done
2) Sleeve Only-More lifestyle change than the lap-band but no re-routing of anythinbg below the stomach. Dumping symndom not an issue
3) Roux-en-Y the idea of malabsorbtion made me uneasy

Most Active