very heart felt ??? about surgery

blueblond1973
on 3/24/12 2:00 am - MI
I dont know if any one has my exspernces or not but I could use some help. My surgery is soon Im scared but i no this is normal. My problem is ive been living with this pains i have for so long even though my doctor says the surgery will help im scared, To exsplain I must tell you my details. I have severe gastritis have had it since my gallbladder out after many endoscopes and many doctors not listening to me they finally seen that my bile is backing up into my stomach. They say this surgery will help with this but what if it dont I live on a daily basies with pain stomach always swollen never knowing how im going to feel. Im naused alot but cant throw up because of a nission fundmlication surgery. has anyone had this problem and did it get better after. oh im having rny. Loretta
Jennifer M.
on 3/24/12 2:12 am - MN
RNY on 02/17/12
 I do know someone who has had this problem.  This surgery helped, but she needed additional care after.  You might need additional care.  Or maybe not.  There are no guarantees in life, but if your surgeons are confident that this will help, I'd trust them.  They know the problem.  They know the source of the problem.  It's likely you will get some relief.  

If not, there will be something else to try, but you won't be able to get the next thing that will help you until you are done with this one.

blueblond1973
on 3/25/12 2:31 am - MI
ya the doctor told me i may have to spend extra time in the hospital plus if he feels its needed its part of his program to send a nurse to your house every day for the first week im home but i wonder about that since i live 2 1/2 hours away. I go for my preop. on wes. i need to right down alot of ???  just cant seem to think about them all right now .
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/12 2:34 am
My surgeon required me to stay in a hotel for five days post-op so I would be within a few minutes of his office and the hospital.  It's a good idea if you think about it.

You will do well, IF you have a positive outlook.  You must remain positive. 

Best!!!
Most Active