Its so real now

blueblond1973
on 3/29/12 3:38 am - MI
Ok went for my perop appt yesterday. Now kind of freeking a little. All of it hit me like a ton of bricks can i really lose weight can i once in my life be skinnier not feel like the fatest person around. And the two week diet can i do this. Not to mention the surgery what if well you know. could use some moral support how do i make it though till the 16 with out going crazy. Loretta
pudcap
on 3/29/12 3:47 am - NH
I know how you feel! I had my surgeon appointment yesterday and my surgery date is April 30th. I bought this good book called "weight loss surgery for dummies". :) and it said these feelings of uncertainty are common. Even after the operation a lot of people will think "OMG, what have I done to myself"? That made me feel a lot better. It's a big decision so I think to just go forth full speed ahead with no fears or concerns at all would be pretty unusual. Good luck on your journey!!

Janet
Emily F.
on 3/29/12 4:50 am
Eyes on the prize. big picture.
Skinnygirlme
on 3/29/12 5:46 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 As I keep trying to picture myself at my goal weight, I have those same thoughts! I have been looking at pictures of myself from when I was merely overweight, and unfortunately thought I was so huge! Wish I was there now....it's incredibly hard for me to imagine myself at 125....I want to finally overcome my weight... I keep pressing on...I'm so excited to have a "tool" to help me finally reach this goal! Good luck! We CAN do this!!!!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
kvilla
on 3/29/12 5:54 am - Medford, OR
read my profile and follow all the instructions/rules and it can be done
mwromero
on 3/29/12 5:55 am - CA
I know how you feel, I had high anxiety before my surgery, I had on Jan 10th 2012, I was so sick with High Blood pressure, back problems, I couldn't bend hardly, I was a mess...I kept telling myself, this is going to save your life, if you don't you'll die early...I knew it was my saving grace, I said the Lord's Prayer over and over the day I went into surgery...lol, soon afterwards I started to feel so much better!! I don't snore, My high blood pressure went away that week, I can bend....I would do it over!  You will feel healthy again! 

I wish you well & God Bless you!
NunnOther
on 3/29/12 6:12 am - FL
Lap Band on 04/05/12
My surgery is scheduled for next Thursday, pre-op appointment was yesterday. I am so very nervous, but I feel like I'm making the right decision. I'm 33 and I have been overweight all of my life. I'm 5"5 and when I started my appointments, I was 255. Now I'm 239. My doctor "suggested" that I go on liquids only for the last week, but definitely for the last two days before surgery. I found this site and I'm glad to hear the positive and the negatives of the surgery. I hope I succeed. I haven't been under 200 pounds probably since high school.
Lisa S.
on 3/29/12 7:08 am - Lexington, NC
Mini Gastric Bypass on 03/14/12
I think the month BEFORE surgery is the most stressful. So many unknowns. Just do what the doctors say, trust your instinct, and you'll do fine!

Good luck!
Hislady
on 3/29/12 1:01 pm - Vancouver, WA
You'll make it because you have to, kinda like child birth we sweat about it but we make it! You'll do just great and just think about how great you'll look a year from now! We all get the jitters before hand but we make it! Good luck to you!!
vicki.okc
on 3/29/12 1:04 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
Hi Loretta, yes, you CAN do this!  While you/we might freak out for a little while, you/we must turn our thoughts and minds towards being healthier and thinner than we have ever been - or possibly could be - without the surgery.  The 2 week diet is not going to be easy but just think about it - what is 2 weeks in the grand scheme of life?!  It is NOTHING!  Look how far you have come to get to this point!!

So here's to moral support from a fellow WLS patient who is also scheduled for 4/16 - we CAN and WILL do this because we are victors in the game of life!  And, let me add a personal tidbit:  I'm 61 years old and I wish I had done it when I was 30!  My doc told me that I'm "one of his oldest patients"!  It didn't faze me one bit except now I'll be trying to live until I'm 80 instead of 65!

Good luck and God bless you ~Vicki

4.16.2012 Surgery scheduled
110 lbs. praying to lose it all
Most Active