I'm finally feeling better!!!

LeeLee72
on 3/31/12 5:44 am - Niagara Falls, NY
...and thank heavens for that! Was tired of feeling like an old rug.  I finally was able to get up, walk the mall for my exercise.  The infection is gone and I'm almost ready to stop packing my wound. happy happy joy joy!!!

Michelle M.
on 3/31/12 6:05 am
RNY on 03/19/12
I am glad you are feeling better! I had surgery on 3/19 and still feel like I got hit by a truck! I also got an infected incision and am packing it several times a day. It is so goopy, it is disgusting! Plus it just plain hurts! I have to say, this really has been much tougher and more painful than I expected. If you asked me today if I'm glad I did it, the answer would be a big NO! I hope my answer changes and that I feel better soon.
LeeLee72
on 3/31/12 6:58 am - Niagara Falls, NY
On March 31, 2012 at 1:05 PM Pacific Time, Michelle M. wrote:
I am glad you are feeling better! I had surgery on 3/19 and still feel like I got hit by a truck! I also got an infected incision and am packing it several times a day. It is so goopy, it is disgusting! Plus it just plain hurts! I have to say, this really has been much tougher and more painful than I expected. If you asked me today if I'm glad I did it, the answer would be a big NO! I hope my answer changes and that I feel better soon.
Michelle...take heart!! I was feeling the SAME EXACT WAY.  I even told my Dr. if I could go back, I would have walked out of that hospital day of my surgery. Yes, the infection hurt, especially when you have to pack it. But what I did was take 2 pain tablets 30 min beforehand and it is "okay" when I am changing the packing. Once your incision starts to heal and you start getting around better, you will start feeling better..trust me!! My dr wants me to start getting more exercise, so I went to the mall and it actually felt good to walk more (granted I am farther out than you so don't rush).  Rest, get well, you will get past this :)

Michelle M.
on 3/31/12 8:51 pm
RNY on 03/19/12
Thanks for the reply. I just hurt so much, and my surgeon keeps telling me that I shouldn't be in any pain. I'm almost 2 weeks out and am reading all these happy, grateful posts and I get so jealous! I have had a neck surgery, 2 c sections, and my gallbladder removed, and I recovered from all of those just fine, no additional pain meds needed, but this has knocked me on my butt! To top it off, I still weigh more than I did the morning I went into surgery!
LeeLee72
on 3/31/12 11:55 pm - Niagara Falls, NY
 Michelle...we all heal differently.  My dr originally said 2 weeks off. By the time I go back to work, it will have been 6 weeks!! I have had 3 kids, 1 was an emergency c section, 1 ABSOLUTELY NO pain meds, hysterectomy, gallbladder removed...and THIS was the worst surgery I have ever had. No joke! You weigh more cuz of all the iv fluids and especially if you had any type of infection..my belly is still bloated.  Its also gas! Be encouraged you will get there.

Most Active