Severe nausea and vomiting at 5 weeks out

grisaille
on 4/3/12 8:12 am - NC
Well, I made it through the 3weeks of liquids just fine - no nausea at all.  But when I started real food (soft), it has gone from bad to worse. 

It started with fairly severe nausea after food, then after food or water or medications or vitamins, then nausea and the vomiting started last week.  I have thrown up every evening for a week.  I do take a PPI (in the morning-Aciphex).  Last night was the worst as I threw up a couple of times last night, finally fell asleep and woke up at 4 AM with the vomit starting (I've NEVER gotten my CPAP mask so quickly in my life!)

I backed off food today and tried to do a day with just liquids but still terrible nausea. . . .I just don't want anything in my system.

Still waiting to hear from the surgeon but wondered if anyone had any thoughts. . .I talked to the doc's nurse last week and she told me to eat less, chew more and refused to give me any more anti-nausea medicine. 

HW 369  SW 369 GW 199
H.A.L.A B.
on 4/3/12 8:25 am
Dehydration or stricture.  Drink your liquids... as much as you can..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

grisaille
on 4/3/12 11:01 am - NC
Well, urine is super light so I'm guessing the liquids I am getting in are sufficient - I thought dehydration meant darker urine - will look up stricture

HW 369  SW 369 GW 199
Allie A.
on 4/3/12 12:47 pm - Canada
I had terrible nausia from 2nd week up to 6 weeks. My doctor recommended I double up my medication for stomach acid. I had my doubts about that being the solution. But, I had to try it because all the nausea medication in the world wasn't helping. It took about 4-5 days to really feel a difference, and I did have severe headaches as a side effect for a couple days. It worked. I'm doing good now.
littleskie
on 4/3/12 2:08 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
i've had light urine and still been dehydrated. i would call my dr in morn and if nurse doesn't want to do anything i'd demand to speak to dr.

no need or you to be miserable.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

grisaille
on 4/4/12 2:35 am - NC
Well, doc advised I go back to an liquid diet for several days . . .actually a relief if it settles things down

HW 369  SW 369 GW 199
Dragonryder2
on 4/7/12 4:04 am - NM
Want to know if you are getting dehydrated?

Pinch the skin up on the back of either hand.  If it flexes right back your good.

If it takes more than about 5 seconds to smooth back down you are getting dehydrated.

Be patient for some it does take along time to smooth out getting food down.  Try yogurt and stick to more soft and liquid foods for a few more weeks.
grisaille
on 4/7/12 5:59 am, edited 4/6/12 6:00 pm - NC
I wish I could eat yogurt or cottage/ricotta cheese but am lactose intolerant . . . I was actually eating part of an egg (cooked fairly soft-scrambled) really well but never got to where canned chicken or tuna (or chicken sald or tuna salad) would stay down - and I mean I measured my 2 oz of food

Thanks for tip about dehydration - I guess I am not dehydrated - If I can't do it successfully the second time around, he may order an EGD

HW 369  SW 369 GW 199
Most Active