I know its early to be thinking about this

blueblond1973
on 4/10/12 9:41 pm - MI
Ok im on my pre op diet my surgery is monday so of course my weight loss surgery is allways on my mind. Im 5 2 , 38 years old and started weighing 297 lbs now at 287. wi**** was less. Anyway cant help but think about things like extra skin and stuff. My stomach allready hangs from my c section. I am scared of looking older. Allways hated my double chin. Just so much going though my mind am i really going to lose weight , the what ifs, I worry im going to wake up to the doctor saying sorry loretta with all your other surgerys i couldnt do it. and wow will monday ever gett hear. Thanks for listening . Loretta
karianne
on 4/11/12 1:12 am - Marlborough, MA
Revision on 04/05/12

First take a deep breath!!  Its totally normal to have crazy racing thoughts after all you are going through a huge life changing event on Monday!  Take it a day at a time and start to prioritize.  First getting through your surgery and healing!  Progressing your diet and losing the weight.  Maintaining your weight loss once you reach your goal (yes I know you will)!!  And then think is plastic surgery necessary or wanted?  That's the approach I took years ago with my first WLS.  It took me two years to lose the weight, maintained for almost 3 yrs before I had a TT, and I felt terrific.  Try and focus on feeling happier and healthier and the rest will fall into place!  Prayers your way for a successful surgery and quick recovery!  Karianne 

HW-244, SW-234, CW-207
4/8/04 Lap-band-Goal weight for 5 yrs, Tummy Tuck 6/23/08
Lap-band Leak 4/2011, Revision to Gastric Bypass 4/5/12

Karen P.
on 4/11/12 1:13 am - CO
RNY on 02/13/12
I think it's natural to have anxiety and concerns. If surgery is on Monday, then I'm pretty sure you'll wake up having had your surgery. You wouldn't be this far in the process if it wasn't going to be OK.

You have good reasons to be having surgery besides the way you look - that's just the bonus.

It'll all work out!

syllable
on 4/11/12 1:21 am - Oklahoma City, OK
I'm 37 and had RNY 2 years ago. After losing 110 lbs I have to say that I do have a bit of an abdominal pannus. Prior to my RNY I had 3 c-sections and my tummy also had a bit of "hang" to it before I even lost the weight. I remember wishing that skin would just somehow magically absorb into my body the way the fat cells seemed to.

It didn't, but you know what? It's okay! I may not have a perfectly shaped body with taut skin all over it, but I look damn good in my clothes. :) I feel better now at (almost) 38 than I did in my early 20's. I've got stretchmarks from 3 babies, and jiggly places, and more skin than I'd prefer...but I am HEALTHY and ACTIVE and my husband thinks I'm sexy.

Don't let your worries about your appearance bring you down. Know that you're going into this surgery to improve what's going on inside your body - and even if your body isn't like a Victoria's Secret model afterwards, it won't bother you nearly as much as you think it will. Truly!

Good luck to you in your journey and especially your upcoming surgery.
        A goal without a plan is just a wish.  ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery          
blueblond1973
on 4/11/12 1:43 am - MI
Thanks all and your right after seeing this im not doing this for my appernce im doing it for my health so i can get around better and be around for my two year old . i tend to worry alot thanks for the support
jdance
on 4/13/12 5:59 pm - Canada
I had some issues about looking old when i was going thru my loss.
The last time i was slim i was in my early 30's and this time I was 50. Where did that old hag come from? I went thru a real identity crisis.
But a good haircut and colour and stylish new clothes made me into the new person I am. I am older, just haven't seen that person in a long time, so i learned to live with my wrinkles that were hidden in the rolls.

I have extra skin but I look great in clothes and would much rather have loose skin than be big again.

While i did this mainly for my health you are always thinking about how you are going to look at the end, that's normal. I'm happy on both sides now. Just took my head awhile to catch up to the new body.

It's a journey, you'll get there, a few bumps are expected.

Congrats.
J

Mary Catherine
on 4/11/12 4:28 am
 The hardest part of my journey was the week before surgery.  I worried if I would have complications, would die on the table, would not lose weight.  Right up until they wheeled me into surgery, I was ready to get off that cart and walk out of the hospital.

I came through fine, had no complications, easily lost all my excess weight, had a tummy tuck and am feeling wonderful and I am at my goal weight almost five years later.   I look and feel wonderful. This is not as scary as it seems.  It has been an easy and an exciting journey for me and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to do it.

Jenna V.
on 4/11/12 4:41 am - Guelph, Canada
VSG on 02/15/12
First of all, congratulations on the weight loss and your surgery date! Ten pounds is still a lot to lose and a great start!

Second of all, try not to worry about things such as excess skin this early on. Deal with things as they come, otherwise you will go crazy with worry.

Deep breaths and positive thinking!

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Hislady
on 4/12/12 12:17 pm - Vancouver, WA
Just want to pop in and wish you good luck on your surgery, it'll go just fine hun! Your little guy won't care one hoot about extra skin, he'll just see a mommy who can play with him and not get so worn out. That's the most important thing for you. Usually ins.will pay for a panni removal (not a full tummy tuck) but it will help with a baggy tummy and everything else can be hidden in spanx. You just go out there and do your best for you and don't worry about anything else. Hugs and hang in there!
Most Active