question for seasoned sleevers

lreef1t
on 4/11/12 3:53 am
I am 5 months out from surgery,  I have lost 110 lbs since my preop diet started in oct. 2011.  my question is this I seem to be in a stall that has lasted about 4 weeks,  does that mean I am done losing?  I dont know if I am eating too much or not enough,   my meals are as follows,  I have a protein bar for breakfast  180 calories.   one for snack  180 calories,  I have a jenny craig microwave dinner for lunch and I now can finally eat the whole thing 220 calories,  usually 2 string cheese for snack (160 calories) then for dinner I have a piece of meat, like 1 piece of chicken or 1 piece of fish..   220 give or take,   then before bed throughout the night I usually will eat 4 sugar free popcycles..   do you guys think I am eating too much?  I know before I was only able to eat 1/2 the jenny craig meal.   am I forever stuck at 250 lbs..  uugggghhhh   help
ruggie
on 4/11/12 4:04 am - Sacramento, CA
So first, I'd encourage you to post this in the VSG forum to get more sleevers to respond -

So typical stall response:

1) Keep your protein up, like 80-100 g.  Not sure how much protein you're taking in above, but with bars and frozen food, you might be getting a lot of carbs instead of protein.

2) Keep carbs under 40 g a day

3)  Are you getting at least 2 liters / 64 oz of water a day?

4)  Are you exercising?

5)  And the downer - you're eating about 1,000 calories a day - that's probably too much, especially since you've been stalled for a month.  Take it down to 700 or 800.

Also worried about the statement that you "finally" can eat a whole microwave dinner - I hope you're not eating up to restriction?   I'd recommend Frisco's postings on undereating your sleeve and relying on eating by weight and volume rather than restriction.  I think it's got great long-term implications.

Good luck!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active